PDA

View Full Version : Panama, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador, Peru, Argentina and the rest of Latin America

MDT06
15th Jul 2008, 07:16
Looking for updates and hiring trends for some South and Central American airlines. Economies from some of these countries are doing much better than in the past . Please share any information you have and thanks in advance. It is difficult to find information online and sometimes the information is just outdated.

Avianca
Aires
AeroRepublica
EasyFly
LanChile
Copa
LanPeru
LanEcuador
Taca

And please add any airlines that you know, I'm missing many more...

Fulkrum
15th Jul 2008, 17:02
If you have the basic requirements they'll probably call you for an interview, like most countries in Latin America... the economy is basically ruled by the U.S. Dollar; Latin America is still a beautiful place despite its economic situation.

One piece of advice... If you live in Europe or the U.S. don't anticipate to find Los Angeles, New York, Paris or Madrid in Latin America, that is one of the biggest mistakes people make when they relocate.

Cheers!!!

:ok:

P.S. Enjoy the good beer and the friendly people, that we got plenty of. :D

MDT06
15th Jul 2008, 18:59
Fulkrum,

You are right about the people, they are really nice in Latin America. I was born in Colombia, and live there for 14 years so I know what to expect. As far as basic qualifications, what are yoy refering to. I have low hours (270) and just trying to get a job. I looked into going to PNG and Indonesia and there are current opportunities there for low hour guys like me.

Fulkrum
15th Jul 2008, 21:36
Try Susi Air in Indonesia, they fly Caravans and Turbo Porters.

Last I heard is that if you are panamanian, with 250 hours you should have the minimum flight time required for COPA.

Have you tried any of the airlines in Colombia???

MDT06
16th Jul 2008, 01:23
Yes I checked their website and a couple of more operations in Indonesia. I am also checking with Colombian airlines and Copa. Their website doesn't show any vacancies but they have new airplanes coming in and attrition is always a factor in Latin America. I don't have any contacts in Colombia, so I am considering taking a trip, visit family and try to meet someone from Avianca, Aerorepublica (Copa is the owner), Aires and easyfly. There is also LanColmbia now....so it seems like things as moving better than in the US for now....

Fulkrum
16th Jul 2008, 23:32
That can be true, what really lets me down is the pay, if I didn't have any ties to the U.S. it would be easier, however... it's never too late to start over again and why not back home...

:ok:

chrislikesblue
19th Jul 2008, 11:12
MDT all these companies you mentioned im interested too.I believe the economy is opening in these countries so they could probably hire foreigners to cover their requirements.But i also tried to find recruitment contacts,its so difficult to get this information from the websites.
Can someone help us with finding recruitment contacts in any of these companies?
Many thanks.

Fulkrum
19th Jul 2008, 16:11
If you guys are looking for Susi Air contacts, I have one, PM me...

MDT06
19th Jul 2008, 17:16
chrislikesblue
As far as I know right now, the only companies that hire expats are COPA and LanCHile. I don't know about LanEcuador or LanPeru. To work in Avianca, Aerorepublica you have to be from Colombia.
I have some preliminary information and I'm plnning to go visit each company.

MDT

MDT06
19th Jul 2008, 17:18
Fulkrum,

Check your PM's. Thanks

MDT