PDA

View Full Version : Pissed Up Chinook Crew cause embarassment?

iccarus
14th Jul 2008, 21:22
I hear banter along the lines that a pissed up duo of Chinook mates may have taken the opportunity to very publicly chest poke CAS at RIAT?
Subsequent RTU(whilst still innebriated)!
Is it true??

I guess timing is everything!

minigundiplomat
14th Jul 2008, 21:24
Wasn't me!

wokawoka
14th Jul 2008, 21:35
They probably reminded him that when he comes to Kandahar he could at least stop by when he sees aircrew in RAF uniforms in JHF. Visiting both the Herc and Harrier dets and walking blankly in front of 1310 Flt without stopping is not something we take lightly. Especially when the SH force currently contributes to 60-70% of awards to the RAF, majority of which to the various Chinook dets. Not that it should make a difference to be fair. We all have a hard job and all to it very well as far as I m concerned.
He's a c*ck anyway :E

Well done lads!

spheroid
14th Jul 2008, 21:37
Absolute disgrace to the uniform.....

minigundiplomat
14th Jul 2008, 21:43
Absolute disgrace to the uniform.....

CAS or the Chinook crew?

wokawoka
14th Jul 2008, 21:49
No prizes for guessing CAS . :D

BluntM8
14th Jul 2008, 21:53
Both are the type of people I'd rather have inside the tent pissing outwards rather than the other way around...

minigundiplomat
14th Jul 2008, 21:57
Odiham - the RAF's answer to positive morale. No wonder CAS got 'wokka'd'.

Apart fom an extra fitness test, what has he done for the SH Force?

wokawoka
14th Jul 2008, 22:01
If your hobby is to tell the truth to CAS and open his eyes to the fact the front line is NOT Typhoon today and he could free some cash for other more pressing issues then good on you.

And BluntM8, I d be worried if you had a fetish for people pissing inside your tent...:yuk:

WeeMan18
14th Jul 2008, 22:14
Not bad buddy. Name names (by PM) will you! Can I assume that the matter delicately addressed by the wokka mates was akin to Gen Melchetts' 'total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face'. Is there some carpet shuffling to follow?

iccarus
14th Jul 2008, 22:26
Visiting both the Herc and Harrier dets and walking blankly in front of 1310 Flt without stopping is not something we take lightly

It is quite amazing how my five year old brother used to adopt the same thought process when trying to get his point across. Stamping his feet and crying in tescos always achieved the aim:ugh:

I guess the thread title should be changed to "Chinook mates feel unloved"

Anyway, the important question is - if you guys are so overworked, why do you have the spare capacity to send guys to black tie functions?:confused:

wokawoka
14th Jul 2008, 22:32
Icarrus,

First I did not say we were overworked. I think there are other SH forces who work harder than us because Odiham for all its faults has developed the fight by flights. It works.

To come back to my point where you compare us to a crying unloved child. His behaviour was a clear sign of poor leadership. He should not be surprised to be reminded. So how about you retract your statement and try not to start a useless argument on the forum.

Otherwise I might put your name forward to become the next CAS.....

minigundiplomat
14th Jul 2008, 22:57
Miniperson is obviously under worked as he spends most of his time on here. Still I guess you can do that on the OCF.

Really, Im sure I've told you before I am not on the OCF. But then Im sure Ive told you what a ill informed prick you are too. No doubt I will get another rant via pm from you.

I tell you what, pm me who you are and Ill make a point of introducing myself in person. If not, shut the f@Łk up or get your facts right. Knobscoffer.

Thats better.

KeepItTidy
15th Jul 2008, 00:11
LOL good work Chinny crews , I think the Kipper fleet groundies think the same in fact we are a burden to our hierachy. I know we never get a mention in RAF news we are the ones that the powers above are told to avoid. I might be wrong but thats the feeling .

Saying that I think CAS came to up north a few weeks ago and had a sortie on a jet but Im not 100% certain i was on nights, either way there were no cameras about so it must have been lies. Other shift wankers.

Anyway Typhoon will replace Nimrod in 2010 as well as the ageing Sea King fleet , in fact rumour has it Typhoon will take over the ford mondeo so im lead to beleive . If you are an officer and have banked your shares in Typhoon you are laughing as Saudi will give you as much money as you ask.

effortless
15th Jul 2008, 07:11
Typhoon will take over the ford mondeo

Whoops now you've done it. There'll be a black one outside your basha any minute now.

minigundiplomat
15th Jul 2008, 08:37
Tea white none please.
http://travel.sky.com/cms/images/advertorials/raf_air_stewards/air_steward_RAF_255x190.jpg

nigegilb
15th Jul 2008, 08:43
I am not sure the words CAS and leadership should exist in the same sentence, have a chat with any of the families who witnessed his lamentable performance last week.

Hope the boss of the Chinner crew was understanding.:ok:

SaddamsLoveChild
15th Jul 2008, 08:52
I have it on good authority that said Chinook rearcrew God was put to bed by some very senior hired help who overheard ' right Glen, this is what you really need to do'. Good on him, but why does everyone think that Sir Glen doesnt know these things? Is it because Air dont tell him and there is a pooh filter somewhere down the A40? or is it because there just isnt the money and resources to do anything about it.

People and recruiting are the focus at the moment and will be until those coming in = those going out. The new leave policy will help though....... whoever thought that up wants reaming.:ugh:

BEagle
15th Jul 2008, 09:12
Whilst being rude and insubordinate to a wheel in public is hardly 'conduct becoming', you may well have valid point with the poo-filtering.

When the TWUs were killed off by the 'mirror image' AFTS training system, it was only when he made a crewroom visit and received a bit of chest-poking that a VSO learned the truth - by which time, of course, it was all too late. "Why wasn't I told this before" was his reported comment.

Similarly, the excellent Waddington sessions with Sir John Allison some years ago were held partly to bypass the multi-level poo-filtering anything raised at squadron shag level had received before it reached his ears.

skaterboi
15th Jul 2008, 09:18
The new leave policy will help though....... whoever thought that up wants reaming.

What new leave policy is this then? :confused:

Gainesy
15th Jul 2008, 09:48
Bad drills, should have swopped flying suits with the foreigners first.:)

4mastacker
15th Jul 2008, 15:30
Gent's, if I can add my piece about poo-filters having seen them at first hand. During a tour at a CHQ, my boss came in and told me that AC S&M required a point brief on a particular subject - warts and all. Sgt 4ma then got to work and produced an A4 sheet of pro's, con's and bits in between. Unfortunately, there were more con's than pro's and as my report went up the chain, those who were ever-concious about their own career development edited out the bits they didn't like so when the report reached AC S&M, it bore no relation to the original and was virtually a blank page. As a result, AC S&M thought all was well in the world. It wasn't a world changing report - it was about whether the Army should continue to provide the MT spares - but it followed a similar fate of many reports before it. I saw this disgraceful and selfish, career-orientated thinking within the Supply organisation and I'm pretty damn sure it exists in other branches. If a lot of staffy's had the swingers to tell the facts as they are rather than hiding them, perhaps some future CAS won't have to suffer from bruised nipples.

Thud_and_Blunder
15th Jul 2008, 16:20
because Odiham for all its faults has developed the fight by flights

...what, again? Exactly what a very large 72 Sqn (28 aircraft at one stage, ISTR) used to do back in the late 70s when living in the same hangar 7 now own. The fellas in the plastic pursuit ships were probably doing the same sort of thing then too. It seems that the one thing the forces can be relied upon to do ad infinitum ad nauseam is re-discover old ways of working effectively and claim the process to somehow be "new"; I bet our practices had first been tried on Wapitis in Unpronounceablestan many decades before we'd "developed" them, too.

iccarus
15th Jul 2008, 18:18
Woka mate

Your post did seem to indicate that CAS deserved the ear bashing because he didn't come and say hello to you whilst on det! If that was the case, i stand by my analogy!

Back to the original question, can anyone who was at RIAT spill the beans?

ATCO Fred
15th Jul 2008, 21:05
Quote:
The new leave policy will help though....... whoever thought that up wants reaming.

What new leave policy is this then?

I heard about that one this week. :mad: What a shocker!!

ianp
15th Jul 2008, 21:09
What is this new leave policy everyone is talking about?

No one tells me anything :sad:

extpwron
15th Jul 2008, 21:23
Until morale improves, all leave is cancelled?

ATCO Fred
15th Jul 2008, 21:30
Until morale improves, all leave is cancelled?

Horrendous at six!

difar69
16th Jul 2008, 14:07
Nobody tells me anything either!!!!
What's the new leave policy?:confused:

Melchett01
16th Jul 2008, 15:11
New leave policy? Someone please do tell - I'd rather like a bit of time off to see the family this year when I get back from the sandpit. Or has that been cancelled too?

Cmn2644
16th Jul 2008, 18:54
I have not heard anything about a new leave policy so chill your herbs !!

Mach the Knife
16th Jul 2008, 19:49
Pissed Up Chinook Crew cause embarassment?

Yes they did, fortunately though it was after most of the guests had left so witnesses were limited; eyelids down to their knees and swaying like (hydraulic) palm trees in a force 10. Good on CAS for not just telling them to sod off and come back when they could speak without slurring or dribbling on his No5's

What new leave policy?

Sloppy Link
16th Jul 2008, 20:54
We have a leave policy?

airborne_artist
16th Jul 2008, 21:12
We have a leave policy?

Welcome to the Hotel California
You can checkout any time you like,
But you can never leave! :E