PDA

View Full Version : Personal O2 supply on commercial flight?

Synthetic
14th Jul 2008, 21:18
We have an elderly relative who wants to get from UK to Eire. His health dictates that he has to have an oxygen supply with him at all times. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to take such apparatus on a commercial flight?

Thanks in advance.

Wodrick
14th Jul 2008, 21:39
Request it from your operator, all operators I've dealt with over many years have provided it on request if in good time.

lukeylad
15th Jul 2008, 01:44
As stated by the poster above contact your airline! Let them know what type of canister you are carrying, I think some airlines may ask how big the canister is. As i think they can only carry a certain number per flight!

jedigtr
15th Jul 2008, 09:08
The mob I work for will supply a bottle and mask for pax use, if advised beforehand

smudgethecat
15th Jul 2008, 09:47
Theres no way a persons own supply will be allowed onboard, as said contact the operator and they wil arrange for a oxy kit to be supplied all they will need is the amount reqd in lts/min

eightyknots
15th Jul 2008, 11:00
My lot won't supply you with it these days, too expensive but you can bring your own if you tell them beforehand.

Synthetic
16th Jul 2008, 21:35
Thanks people:ok:

DeltaIndiaSierraPapa
16th Jul 2008, 21:58
It is not always the case that you cant bring it on. I am an oops agent at MAN and one of our customer airlines will allow you to bring your own oxygen onboard provided certain criteria are met...

* Not continuous Oxygen.
* No more that 2 litres per hour
* Containers are less than 5 kilos each
and
* no more than 2 containers to be brought in the cabin

Barring any of the above however and they will supply Oxygen for you!