PDA

View Full Version : Top Tips 3

SirPeterHardingsLovechild
14th Jul 2008, 19:49
1. Always carry out a before use check (including SWL) of an aircraft ladder before use.
1 a). Also check that it hasn't been cobbled together from two u/s ladders by the lowest bidder contractor, negating the manufacturers guarantee.

1. There is always at least one complete chisseller on the crew.
1 a). If by any chance you think all the crew are ace, rule 1 still applies

Before visiting a Czech run hospital (in Kabul), try and learn some Czech language on the way, so as not to make the X ray man impatient enough to roughly handle you and dislocate your ankle a second time.

When on det in Afghanistan, needing to get back for a Divorce Court Hearing, try running over the aircraft ladder with a forklift truck and lying next to it.

On_The_Top_Bunk
14th Jul 2008, 21:35
Stop whining and looking for sympathy. :rolleyes:

Man up you big Jessie. :)

14th Jul 2008, 21:49
When one of your employees injures himself due to shoddy equipment, try starting your e mail with phrases like 'How are you?' 'Are you okay?' rather than a single line 'Get me photos of the ladder'

When suing your line manager for his pension, wait until your divorce is finalised.

Top Bunk Tester
14th Jul 2008, 22:04
SPHLC

Could Albert get off the ground under MOS if there was a ladder on board rated for your weight? :}

All the best mate, your tale of woe is getting longer by the day.

TBT

minigundiplomat
14th Jul 2008, 22:08
Love Child,

I bet your a bloody ray of sunshine for all around you in theatre. Get yourself on the MIRT for a few days, that should help you put things in perspective.

14th Jul 2008, 22:51
Gentlemen.

If you PPRunE search for the other two (locked) Top Tip threads, you will see what a happy bunch we used to be. Where fellow PPRuNers would join in and get in the spirit of it.

Stop Start and BEagle, show 'em.

Top Bunkers
I know you both but get you mixed up. I'm none the wiser as you're both tw@ts.

MGD
You're right though, I'm not my normal chirpy self.

Okay, another -

When injured on det with three females living nearby, try to secure simple things like cups of tea, dressing changes, ointment applications etc before diving straight in and asking for them to....

When falling off a ladder, try to jump clear rather than straddling a lower rung and bruising your bollocks

Most Irritating Rearcrew Tosser?

Pontius Navigator
15th Jul 2008, 05:33
Face backwards when jumping off a moving crew bus -

if you want the aforesaid lovelies to give you cups of tea and tender ministrations.

BTW, you are then the chiseler

FlapJackMuncher
15th Jul 2008, 07:06
If you've got bruised bollocks the last thing you want is some woman kissing them better.

Oh, wait a minute...

goudie
15th Jul 2008, 07:41
If sympathy from the aforesaid woman is not forthcoming put 'IT' in in her hand and start crying.

StopStart
15th Jul 2008, 07:45
SPHLC! Delighted to see you're maintaining your high standards even over there. Had they been keeping an accurate record of the ladder FI? I suspect the IPT may have overlooked that one - I had heard it was restricted to one climb only and was then due to go to Marshalls to be re-runged? You should look into it.... Another cock up by Eng Wg no doubt....

I've heard they've discussed your situation at Execs - obviously there is concern about the damage and injuries sustained. A plan is being hatched to arrange recovery back to the UK and all being well the ladder should be home by the end of the week. You, on the other hand, clearly have no idea how tough things are out there and are to spend an extra month there as punishment.

:ok: Keep up the good work!

PS.

I would be grateful if this thread could be continued in the current Pprune style. Please choose one of the following topics as a basis for your post.

1. I have no idea what you do but my job is harder than yours and I do more dets than you.

2. The RAF is rubbish and I'm going to leave. Just thought I'd tell you all anonymously on the internet.

3. It's all the fault of the officers who are too busy gorging themselves on Foie Gras to worry about us poor lads down here in the trenches.

Carry on....

effortless
15th Jul 2008, 08:12
That'll teach you to wear your hi vis... okay I'll go now.

minigundiplomat
15th Jul 2008, 08:42
Go on then minigundiplomat, tell us all what mirt is

Medical Incident Response Team.

The boys and girls who pick up all the broken people and treat them in the back of a helicopter until they get to hospital.

9.81m/s/s
15th Jul 2008, 10:06
top tips.......

1. Never take a rifle to a knife fight in a telephone box

2. Never turn up 24 hours late for a route check

3. Never say " it's quite quiet today isn't it ? " on a Friday

4. Never ask a mover to " throw a strop over that bag will you ? "

5. Never plan early

6. Never get airborne having been told " the dip cell are on the case "

7. Never assume that the fresh faced yank kid servicing your aircraft bog actually knows what he is doing

8. Never never assume that the fluid running down the pan underneath the a/c might be fuel and dip your fingers for a quick taste test. See 7 above.

9. Never assume that the Hereford lads won't try hanging a hammock off the control runs/cables

10. Never assume you will change anything for very long.........

Strictly Jungly
15th Jul 2008, 10:26
StopStart said:

I would be grateful if this thread could be continued in the current Pprune style. Please choose one of the following topics as a basis for your post.

1. I have no idea what you do but my job is harder than yours and I do more dets than you.

2. The RAF is rubbish and I'm going to leave. Just thought I'd tell you all anonymously on the internet.

3. It's all the fault of the officers who are too busy gorging themselves on Foie Gras to worry about us poor lads down here in the trenches.

Carry on....

Ahhhhhh the good old days......when 97% of posts were covered by 1 - 3 above.

Some more:

1. **** 'em!

2. People only say or do things for a particular reason. (See 1 and 3)

3. Trust no-one.

4. Dont try to dispose of naptha by pouring it into the snow and igniting it, watch in horror as the discarded can is too close to the conflagration and flames begin to emit from it, kick can away, sadly into tent which has a large quantity of straw on the floor. Watch helplessly as your winger kicks burning can and straw out of tent, laugh manically as the can now ignites your bergen and associated equipment by tree.
Try and then explain to QM why your Ski Dance boots have melted.

5. If it isnt written down it never happened!

6. Question everything.

7. Challenge everything.................

I am sure there's more.....

SJ

Occasional Aviator
15th Jul 2008, 16:56
When on a course at Cranwell, if you're trying to fool your wife into thinking that you're calling from the mess car park before having a night of study and are not really going out for a night on the p1ss, don't call her from the foot of Lincoln cathedral bell tower at one minute to eight.

2port
15th Jul 2008, 17:24
SPHLC

They managed to change your teeth so surely they can change your bollox for a newer shinier pair as well?

2P

N Joe
15th Jul 2008, 17:34
1. If you find yourself posted in as SPHLC's SEngO, reorganise the whole of Eng Wg again so that the other poor SEngO has to manage him.

2. If the other SEngO has applied Rule 1, promote SPHLC and send him back to the GEs.

Get well soon SPHLC

N Joe

15th Jul 2008, 18:50
Maybe I'm due another promotion and posting then!

I've got a blank accident report in front of me...

taxydual
15th Jul 2008, 20:43
It's a fact, you've not a chance of sympathy on this site. God, we are a bunch of p1ss takers! Thank God, service humour is still alive and well!

As an aside, a mate of mine, years ago, was diagnosed with a heart murmur, understandably he was worried to death, but what cheered him up immensely were the hangar guys who passed him daily mumbling 'murmur, murmur' under their breath.

He survived and is still fit and well. He still has a F/S sense of humour too.

harrogate
15th Jul 2008, 20:59
Starship Enterprise crew members:

If you've never appeared in an episode before, and the Captain asks you to beam down with him on an 'away team' - refuse at all costs.

davejb
16th Jul 2008, 02:13
Actually that only counts if he says
'and put this on'
...and hands you a red jumper.

Take That
16th Jul 2008, 06:05
Just remember, a pat on the back is just a recce for the knife!

Truckkie
16th Jul 2008, 07:52
1. Tracer can be seen by you and the enemy.
2. 'Outgoing!' is usually preceeded by 'incoming!'.
3. Your equipment has been manufactured by the lowest bidding contractor.
4. The phrase 'over by Christmas' has no sell by date.

On a lighter note:-

Never assume the follow-me vehicle and the marshaller at large middle eastern airfields have actually seen the obstruction by the port wing.

When s*itting in the aircraft toilet ensure blue bag or fluid present.

Air Traffic services in-theatre may be provided by persons who have no grasp of the English language, have poor eyesight and hearing, suffer from co-ordination problems, probably haven't done an area radar course and will try to hold you off or vector you and your crew over the latest TIC/SAFIRE event.

Keep up the good work!

Living the Dream:ok:

PICKS135
16th Jul 2008, 07:53
As an aside, a mate of mine, years ago, was diagnosed with a heart murmur, understandably he was worried to death, but what cheered him up immensely were the hangar guys who passed him daily mumbling 'murmur, murmur' under their breath.

When you are lying in the hospital bed the day after your suspected heart attack.

DONT under any circumstances ask for a sausage bap for Breakfast.
A] You'll only get porridge - without salt or sugar :eek::eek:
B] The nurses will then take great delight in letting you know how good the bap they had for breakfast was.:{:{:{:{

Thanks to all at Ninewells for the treatment I did receive:D:D:D

Mr C Hinecap
16th Jul 2008, 08:06
When you have spent 3 years at uni whooping it up with the other young and beautifuls, then passed 'Cranners' with flying colours, don't go into dinner on day 1 of your hold at a big unit and ask the Pilot Officer (in refined tones) "What are you holding for then?"

That might just make the 2 x Flt Lts at the end of the table almost choke on their dinner, remind the fresh Fg Off that non-graduates also joined the RAF, the said Plt Off had been there for a couple of years and they had also had the honour of being SPOs etc etc etc. Sustained banter. Chips on shoulders, but oh so beautifully balanced. They (sort of) looked after me.

country calls
16th Jul 2008, 09:38
If you are looking for a posting try your tried and tested escape strategy from a well known multi national Tornado unit?

Hope you are as well as can be expected, and don't forget to keep your own copy of the accident report and who it went to, it may prove useful in the future..........

Rgds

Rat, sinking ship, deserting for the use of.

Grabbers
16th Jul 2008, 11:18
On return from a det pop in to see the new boss. You feel a little bemused by his "you've just been on holiday for 4 months, and now you want leave too?" tone.

Don't on any account leave his office and vocalise your inner thoughts on the 'tosser' to the admin guy without checking your 'six'.:E

Bladdered
16th Jul 2008, 12:11
When your AOC askes you whether his comment on 'bla blah blah' hit the right note at the Ladies guest night last friday, dont respond, I'm sure it did boss but I was too busy watching Lord Craig fall asleep!;)

Strictly Jungly
16th Jul 2008, 12:40
Mr C said;
When you have spent 3 years at uni whooping it up with the other young and beautifuls, then passed 'Cranners' with flying colours, don't go into dinner on day 1 of your hold at a big unit and ask the Pilot Officer (in refined tones) "What are you holding for then?"

That might just make the 2 x Flt Lts at the end of the table almost choke on their dinner, remind the fresh Fg Off that non-graduates also joined the RAF, the said Plt Off had been there for a couple of years and they had also had the honour of being SPOs etc etc etc. Sustained banter. Chips on shoulders, but oh so beautifully balanced. They (sort of) looked after me.

I am so glad they (sort of) looked after you...........because you sound like a complete buffoon and probably needed looking after. I take it because you are a grad then you think everyone else has a chip on their shoulders???

Grads????? Lighthouses in the desert spring to mind.

Tip No 7: Never trust Grads............they have been tainted and turn into Mr C.

Tricorn
16th Jul 2008, 13:13
When at an overseas RAF unit, don't believe the first answer you get when you ask for the number for the bowser pool. After many rings of the phone (and you cursing that the bowser pool is suposed to be manned 24/7) the phone is answered by the stashie's wife who has just got out of the bath to answer the phone. Much merriment all round.

BEagle
16th Jul 2008, 13:29
1. When stuck on New Year's Eve QRA at Wattisham, don't think it's a top idea to ring you oppos on Battle Flight at Wilders at midnight to wish them a Happy New Year......without first remembering the time zone difference!

'twas 'BK' who did it! And the response he got from Wildenrath was less than thankful...."It f*cking was an hour ago, you c***!" was the response from the other end of the Red Phone.

2. When the Staish has pinched your trip (again) and has taken his driver flying for a few hours in the Vickers FunBus, leaving his sun roof open and the keys in his pocket, don't try to be kind when the TEMPO1317 025CB 2000SHRA turns up on cue by taping some black polythene over the gap without first checking what type of sticky tape you've used....
"How the f*** do we get it off again", was MT flight's later query.

3. NEVER let a navigator drive the hire car!

Mr C Hinecap
16th Jul 2008, 13:45
Strictly Jungly. I was the Pilot Officer.

Lurking123
16th Jul 2008, 13:58
Never change your mind on a backhand (squash)
Never drink a woman slim :eek:
Never take your girlfriend to happy hour and then get off with one of her best friends in the phone booth. :ugh:

Loopdeloop
16th Jul 2008, 14:08
Gentlemen. Never iron naked

Strictly Jungly
16th Jul 2008, 14:22
Mr C,

Please pass the July 16 2008 Feckwit award to me...........:sad:

peppermint_jam
16th Jul 2008, 14:32
1. Never accept a challenge to a game of 'fans' in Cyprus.
2. Don't believe you are going home until you walk through your front door.
3. Never rely on MT
4. There are two theories to arguing with women, Neither one works.
5. You can make any lie believable by starting it with the words "In America".

nunquamparatus
16th Jul 2008, 15:17
1. Everything has a pK of 1 if it hits you.
2. Waking to find that you re-painted your cabin in an interesting shade of 'red wine' reminds you that you may have over-done it the night before
3. Asking the Flight Commander (Lynx) where he was 'in-the-picture- obviously-taken-from-the-helicopter' makes you look like an idiot
4. Never go to sea in anything that doesn't have at least two gas turbines and two stewards
5. Deciding, at 4 in the morning, to get navigationally curious (after a skinfull) is not a good reason to climb 9 decks and ask the Officer of the Watch (PMT girl) "where are we", whilst munching cheese you stole from the HODs fridge (Scapegoat!)
6. Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6
7. 'Tis a dumb idea to go down with a full magazine - (according to SO19..):E

brakechute
16th Jul 2008, 15:35
On a holding post in Ops at Gutersloh with a grand total of 5 minutes in the RAF never bother to call the Staish when you get a phone call telling you that 2 VIP 'packs' are arriving in half an hour. (That's interesting I thought as I walked out of said Staishes office that the military the use of PAX for real people)........:rolleyes:

Dan Winterland
17th Jul 2008, 01:17
Never pick your nose in severe turbulence.

diginagain
17th Jul 2008, 04:30
Never kick your dog in the testicles when it has got your fingers in its mouth.

TalkTorqueTorc
17th Jul 2008, 08:41
Never believe the Aircrew when they say 'I wasn't playing with it, it just stopped working.':hmm:

Insert 'I never touched that switch' or 'It just came off in my hand' as required.

Pontius Navigator
17th Jul 2008, 09:31
When s*itting in the aircraft toilet ensure blue bag or fluid present.:

If the toilet has a door, ensure you take your headset with you in case the lock jams.

cheesedoff
17th Jul 2008, 09:39
If the freight down the back of your frame is an armoured car or such like. Ensure you climb in it without notifying your crew and getting stuck in it for a while...........................

StopStart
17th Jul 2008, 10:24
And of course conversely, TTT, never believe the subsequent NFF in the 700 :ok:

TalkTorqueTorc
17th Jul 2008, 10:54
I don't do NFF's. Something can always be re-seated or 'Adjusted' or at the very least have a connector cleaned.

BEagle
17th Jul 2008, 12:25
If the toilet has a door, ensure you take your headset with you in case the lock jams.

But turn the microphone off whilst straining!

jimgriff
17th Jul 2008, 12:28
Never put ur willy in the pee tube on a seaking in arctic conditions:{

BEagle
17th Jul 2008, 12:30
Whilst enjoying a playful second or third Charlie or Wobbly early at an RAFG Happy Hour, if the phone rings and a posh-sounding voice announces itself as "Air Marshal XXXX, HQ STC" and asks for the Stn Cdr, do check first that it isn't 'Air Marshal XXXX' before replying "Well this is Fg Off X. F**k Off, Noddy!"

Or at least use someone else's name rather than your own....:uhoh:

('tis a true story, I am assured!).

Essexbird
17th Jul 2008, 12:43
Never kick your dog in the testicles when it has got your fingers in its mouth.

Advise you never call out an ex-girlfriends name when current girlfriend has got your :mad: in her mouth..... :E

BANANASBANANAS
17th Jul 2008, 12:54
('tis a true story, I am assured!).

Indeed it is. Said F/O was 'invited' to HQSTC for a 'chat' with said VSO. So, a flight, train, cab ride later there is F/O Blogs standing on the Axeminster - hat on. After 5 minutes of nothing happening, VSO looks up from his desk and quietly says ' F**K off Noddy." Cue, long taxi ride, train ride and flight back to RAF G. Point made, nothing written down, noones career affected, respect earned. That was when the RAF was led rather than managed.

BEagle
17th Jul 2008, 13:01
I'm glad that the tale was true - it showed both that VSOs were once Fg Offs themselves and still had a sense of humour!

I gather that said Fg Off was made to hang around for several hours in the outer office until the VSO was 'ready to see him'?

As you say, back when the RAF still had leaders.......:hmm:

teeteringhead
17th Jul 2008, 13:05
Never :mad: the missus first thing in the morning .....

...... you may get a better offer at work! :E

Hey jimgriffNever put ur willy in the pee tube on a seaking in arctic conditions How do you find it in arctic conditions? :eek:

Gainesy
17th Jul 2008, 13:24
If you let (then) JPs introduce you to the Station Commander at Chiv, don't assume that his name really is Harry.

(Thanks Gericault).:)

jimgriff
17th Jul 2008, 16:12
Teetteringhead!
It was only in arctic conditions that it had "shrunk" enough to get into the Seaking pee tube!!:E

airborne_artist
17th Jul 2008, 16:16
It was only in arctic conditions that it had "shrunk" enough

Bill for new keyboard to Mr J Griff :E

WE Branch Fanatic
17th Jul 2008, 21:11
If you meet someone called "Wedgie", don't ask him how he got that nickname...

artyhug
18th Jul 2008, 00:22
Never try to eat anything bigger than your head...

18th Jul 2008, 01:24
(In basic training, being shown around the Sea Prince on Halton airfield, seeing a pee tube in the passenger compartment for the first time)

Never put your mouth over a pee tube, blow down it and shout 'Hello Cockpit'

Gainesy
18th Jul 2008, 06:46
...or, if you are an airsick RAF Snoop, believe a Wokka loady if he tells you the pee tube is an oxygen mask for airsick pax.:ok::)

flipster
18th Jul 2008, 06:55
When flying with certain ALMs, always check urinals and 'thunderboxes' for layers of clingfilm!:uhoh:

k1rb5
18th Jul 2008, 07:54
When flying with certain ALM's or GE's (or anybody who sits behind you whilst you are duty-bound to be facing generally forwards), don't fu@k with their bag. Always lock yours, and never use your last three as the combination, if you are the 'samsonite warrior' type.

You will NEVER win:ok:

ACW599
18th Jul 2008, 09:18
Never assume that baby oil and alcohol are miscible . . .

tarbaby
18th Jul 2008, 09:25
The rules for people of a certain age.

1. Never miss a chance to have a pee

2. Never trust a fart

3. If you get an erection, use it, even if you are by yourself

Rocket2
18th Jul 2008, 09:52
Never put your finger where you wouldn't put your willy :eek:

Wader2
18th Jul 2008, 09:56
I was too busy watching Lord Craig fall asleep!;)

How could you tell?

Anyway, tips:

1. Ensure that you keep your luggage keys on a chain in your pocket.

2. Ensure you load YOUR luggage on the aircraft before doing anything else.

3. Ensure YOUR luggage is not stowed under the hydraulic reservoir.

4. Use a strong strap to hold your suitcase secure.

5. Ensure YOUR luggage is on the crew bus before you leave the aircraft.

6. Don't pack Maple Syrup in your suitcase.

TMJ
18th Jul 2008, 10:22
Remember the 3 things that can screw up your career if done inappropriately:

1/ Handling secrets

2/ Handling money/

3/ Handling other people...

Dunhovrin
18th Jul 2008, 11:27
Ty Bach House Rules. Shawbury 1991.

1. Never fall in love with a woman from behind or who's wearing sunglasses.

2. Never fall in love on the radio.

3. Never look at the bloke you're cutting up on the roundabout.

4. Never turn down leave, a fourth course at dinner or a 17 year old.

6. Never take the advice of your mates.

7. Never turn down the advise of your mates.

8. Never let the boys ride the tandem after happy hour.

Rule 5 was the squash/backhand one earlier.

[One Year Later] - Never cross the crewman mafia.

Wader2
18th Jul 2008, 11:27
I don't do NFF's. Something can always be re-seated or 'Adjusted' or at the very least have a connector cleaned.

We got rid of NFF donkey's years ago. It became NFA - no fault apparent.

With NFF it implied that someone had actually looked and not found. NFA on the other hand could mean we went to the aircraft but there was no obvious fault to be found.:}

1. To avoid NFF/NFA break it properly so it has to be fixed.

2. If you go U/S down route make sure it is a very small, easy to change, obscure, but VITAL component. As it is small they may use the postal service and they may lose it. If it does arrive it can be fitted with minimal effort. It may well require an air test.

3. Don't go U/S for an engine change. This too may get lost in transit but requires far more effort to fix when it does arrive.

goudie
18th Jul 2008, 11:33
Never put your finger where you wouldn't put your willy :eek:

Surely, never put your willy where you wouldn't put your finger. I mean, one has 8 fingers!

country calls
18th Jul 2008, 11:38
Never put anything smaller than your elbow into your ear

BEagle
18th Jul 2008, 14:33
When your somewhat-less-than-popular boss :hmm: is having a purge on getting BTRs done, it is probably not the most career-enhancing move there is to do a night asymmetric NDB and full power overshoot in a FunBus at 1059L in flat calm conditions the night before he has an 0-dark-00 trip to Akrotiri.....when his quarter happens to be only a few hundred yards from the NDB....:E

Ah f**k it - 'twas worth it! His wife later told my nav's wife that she'd never heard anything quite so loud before....:ok:

Still, he did insist that we needed to get our BTRs done!

Tricorn
18th Jul 2008, 14:42
We got rid of NFF donkey's years ago. It became NFA - no fault apparent

I recall it changing to UTRF* when job cards were rejected for using NFF.

(*Unable To Reproduce Fault).

Wwyvern
18th Jul 2008, 14:54
Ref Beagle's and Bananasbananas' tale - I heard that after waiting around all day to see the VSO, the VSO came out of his office at going-home time, asked the FO for his name, and said, "Well F*** Off!!"

engineer(retard)
18th Jul 2008, 15:36
When attached to the RN, check what rank a 1st Lt is before you tell him on the phone to "F*** Off I'm busy" because you are 5 minutes late for a meaningless duty.

If your boss announces he has made a decision do not say I will alert the media, no matter how funny it seems at the time.

If you cannot find a fault try replacing the seat stick interface unit

Dan Winterland
18th Jul 2008, 15:53
Ha ha Beags. Remember that one!

When you're half way through IOT and your girlfriend dumps you just before the mid course function, don't make the mistake of inviting a female freind who happens to be just a friend (honest!) because she's actually a lesbian. And she turns up wearing an outfit that looks like a pair of Arabic pyjamas, downs pint's of John Smith's faster than your mates, tells dirty jokes that would make Jim Davidson blush, then make a pass at your female flight commander because she's mistaken her for a fellow carpet licker (she wasn't).

(Didn't invite anyone on the subsequent course.)

BEagle
18th Jul 2008, 17:33
When, as a fit young ex-Rock, ex-Nimrod AEOp, you go to the student's mess on your first night of your IOT course prior to becoming a V-bomber AEO, you chat up and later DCO with a fit-looking bird, do first check that she isn't your new IOT Flt Cdr!

Eh, Colin?

Off Thread, but a story which always amused me re. rug munchers:

"So, Mr.....(let's just call him Tex to preserve his anonymity), you think that the the RAFDET Adj might be a dike, do you?"
"Yes, boss"
"Why, was it something she said?"
"No - it was the way she looked at the Bob-the-JEngess....and then licked her lips!"
"Whose - and which?"

Seldomfitforpurpose
18th Jul 2008, 18:11
Never whistle with a mouthful of jelly and never bob for chips :eek:

Loopdeloop
18th Jul 2008, 19:29
Wader 2

Ref your rule 2: If you happen to be a Sqn boss and have failed to adhere to this rule, when you tell the FE to "make sure your bag is on the next plane out of there", make sure you know the destination of the "next plane out of Akrotiri" and that you're happy that that's where your bag will be next!

WhiteOvies
18th Jul 2008, 19:36
During your first week as Sqn JEngO do not accuse the Senior Air Tester of a switch pigs in the morning brief before chatting to him first.:ouch:

Farfrompuken
18th Jul 2008, 21:45
Never Fall (as I do) for the "this'll definitely be the last drink" trick.:=

Never 'Lie-in' when the Staish wants to award you with a (pre-noted) presentation at met brief. It can lead to uncomfortable moments.:uhoh:

Never allow oneself to be set alight in the workplace. It contravenes many health and safety regulations.:(

Add at least 2 hours to your ETA for coming-home time. The bar becomes a viable option then.:)

lazyrs1
18th Jul 2008, 23:55
dont be caught loking up the boarding officers skirt whilst going through OASC - I did ! streamed NCA - im not sure if i was marked up or down for it though:D

taxydual
19th Jul 2008, 04:20
Whilst sitting for hours in a coach, awaiting the return of the Flight's golfers who were playing the annual golf competition against the Royal Household at Windsor Castle, do not assume the head scarf and tweed wearing lady, walking corgies, is the hired help.

Under no circumstances address her as 'love'.

PICKS135
19th Jul 2008, 06:38
NEVER ever under any circumstances bet that an aircraft will never fly again. Or ever make a condition of the bet that you will run naked round a flight line, should that aircraft ever get airborne again.

Ring any bells anyone :hmm::hmm:

Lurking123
19th Jul 2008, 07:35
Dunhovrin, that makes two out of the 'three men and a dog' on the forum. Good to see you're still alive.

Regards

The 'responsible adult' housemate. :ok:

Dunhovrin
19th Jul 2008, 12:26
SPOT!!!!!

Will PM when my 10 year old allows me more than 5 minutes on the machine.

Sorry chaps - carry on.

BANANASBANANAS
19th Jul 2008, 12:33
This is true. I know, cos I did it!

Scene: You have left the RAF in '92 and are going broke in '94 cos you can't get a job with an airline so decide to write a grovellogramme to their airships to see if you can get back in.

Heres the Top Tip. Always get someone else to proof read very important letters. They might spot the typo that you missed.

What the officer meant to write at the bottom of page 1 was:

"Should this application to rejoin the RAF be approved I will do so with a hard won"

Top of Page 2:

" sense of appreciation .........etc etc"

What the officer actually wrote at the bottom of page 1 was:

"Should this application to rejoin the RAF be approved I will do so with a hard on"

Well, it all worked out for the best in the end!:ok:

Seldomfitforpurpose
19th Jul 2008, 13:21
"Well, it all worked out for the best in the end! :ok:"

Which civvy company did you end up flying for?

BANANASBANANAS
19th Jul 2008, 13:41
Which civvy company did you end up flying for?

Air 2000 as they were then called. First Choice is their latest monica I believe. Moved on again a couple of times since then.

Truckkie
19th Jul 2008, 14:00
Never s*ag a girl you can't bench press.

Think about it...:D

L1A2 discharged
19th Jul 2008, 20:17
Never call your drafter a w*nker, even when they are.:=

Never threaten to PVR / NGR, just do it.:)

TAC Queen
20th Jul 2008, 11:15
Never Eat Yellow Snow

Never Drink The Tap Water
(Then after only a few hours of being ill)
Never do a confidence test when you are in flight and still have 5 hours to destination
Never announce said confidence test to the crew and then inform them that you are going to get changed.::eek::eek::D:D
Never expect sympathy from your crew.:(
Never be FOFF

Pontius Navigator
20th Jul 2008, 15:22
dont be caught loking up the boarding officers skirt whilst going through OASC - I did ! streamed NCA - im not sure if i was marked up or down for it though:D

And worse.

Don't confess on pprune.:}

BEagle
20th Jul 2008, 18:01
Depends - if he asked "Good grief, who slashed that horsehair sofa you're sitting on, ma'am", then he was probably selected as NCA...

On second thoughts, that can't be right - no Air Engineer I ever knew would be concerned at such details....:eek: