PDA

View Full Version : Will India stop recruiting cadet pilots??

pilotdawg
14th Jul 2008, 18:30
hey guys, I was planning to get my Indian CPL license renewed and start the job hunt as a cadet.But have been hearing a lotta negative feedback & news about the state of cadets in India.
Does anyone know if its worthwhile attempting all those gruelling exams to get the CPL renewed?
any help would be appreciated!!

bad_attitude
15th Jul 2008, 02:16
Negative...

Avesh
15th Jul 2008, 18:14
I think the cadet pilot program in India is nothing but business........Airlines and flight schools together trying to make a quick buck.........
Heard a lot of negative stuff about spicejet cadets........
Indigo program seems good to me.....
Enlighened souls may correct me........

Best regards

danny929
17th Jul 2008, 06:52
hi this is danny

i m new in pprune forums. this is my first post

can anyone enlighten me on the indigo scheme

as_le
4th Nov 2008, 03:39
indigo scheme sucks they are just churning money from u guys .i got 25 points they said that i was selected but i never heard back from them and when i enquired abt my selection i was denied of being selected

hitmanishere
4th Nov 2008, 04:01
Does anyone know if its worthwhile attempting all those gruelling exams to get the CPL renewed?

:}Indian DGCA exams are an absolute masterpiece of crap:mad:..I took em this october,I oughtta say Iam real disappointed. I wasted my money buying up books for this exam,believing the rumours.:ouch:

fadedfootpaths
4th Nov 2008, 08:04
Well, I have been in the Aviation Industry for 2 years now and As far as I know, It would be NOTHING but stupidity to join any kind of cadet program in India:=:ugh:

The airlines here are making huge losses and are trying to make money out of wannabes. I was given an offer from IndiGo where I was suppossed to goto Aero Madrid to pay 18 Lakhs just for an A320 Type Rating + 2 Lakhs to some agency in Haryana and then they said, they wouldnt pay me for the first 500 hours(Line Training) and also they said they wouldnt give me any contract unless I finished my Line Training meaning, I could get kicked out anytime after Line Training or even in between.

Jet and Jet Lite, Kingfisher and KF Red arent hiring anymore.

Theres an interview coming up for Air India Express in January, But I am sure the ex-Spice Jet or Jet Lite pilots with type Rating and some hours on Type would get selected.

Deccan Cargo is coming up, But I have no idea when they will start ops:=

For now, It would be great to do something else and keep your license current and wait for sometime for this recession to get over.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck:ok:

Arun(FFP)