PDA

View Full Version : QF frequent flyers...

QFinsider
14th Jul 2008, 12:25
Has anyone else found it ironic that Qantas "reward" their frequent flyers, the honest long serving customer be selling off loyalty to the highest bidder?

How is it in the interest of the loyal customer to have the company "profit" by selling off your loyalty to an outside entity.

Dixon wasn't lying.
The shareholders are king. Funny thing though Geoff, many of our platinum frequent flyers are shareholders. They wil have to pay triple points for the same"privilege" post sell off.........

Pass-A-Frozo
14th Jul 2008, 12:57
Has anyone else found it ironic that Qantas "reward" their frequent flyers, the honest long serving customer be selling off loyalty to the highest bidder?

No..

I'm not noticing any real different in points bookings if you book it well in advance.

PAF - Platinum FF

Islander Jock
14th Jul 2008, 13:08
I haven't used points much over the past few years but I remember it used to be about 40 odd thousand points for a business class return from Perth to SYD or MEL. It's almost double that now:eek:

WannaBeBiggles
14th Jul 2008, 22:35
:mad: Well I better get rid of those 168,732 points ASAP then.... :ugh:

Enema Bandit's Dad
15th Jul 2008, 01:00
I thought Qantas frequent flyers were a thing of the past :rolleyes:.

SIUYA
15th Jul 2008, 02:21
EBD..........

Unfortunately (and despite the best efforts of QF staff) you're right, I'm sorry to say. :{

Buster Hyman
15th Jul 2008, 03:06
Well, I for one am glad that you can use the points for articles with "Retail + +" value on them. LHR return on CX recently, plus what I had left over from previous trips, means I can now buy a 2GB iPOD shuffle. (Real world RRP $82) That's a bit better than an "almost return" flight to HBA!!!

:hmm:

B772
15th Jul 2008, 09:44
Wanna BeBiggles, Your points are worth approx. $1,250.00 in hard cash using vouchers such as Myer or Coles.

PPRuNeUser0182
15th Jul 2008, 10:26
Just by picking a random date, "Any seat" Syd->Lax 16 October= 1,061,656 points thank you very much. :mad:!!

But you have a choice; for only 235,534 more points you can go FIRST class so there's value right there. :ok:

Miraz
15th Jul 2008, 12:59
With the current level of delays and disruption is it actually technically possible to fly frequently on Qantas?

I've not managed to achieve anything better than 'occasional' flyer status recently.