PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham Spot Position

Tintop
14th Jul 2008, 11:56
Afternoon All,

Apologixe if this has been asked before ..... did try a search before I get shot down but came up with nothing. The question I have is .... At the end of Runway at Birmingham, there seems to be always a gathering of folk right next to the perimeter fence ???? watching as you align for take off, now from my position it looks like a pub garden or something but searching for it on the net comes up with nothing ????

Your help please ....

Tintop.

Avman
14th Jul 2008, 19:38
Depends which end you're talking about. If it's 33 then it will be the Long Stay car park, a spot favoured by the photographers. If it's at the 15 end then it's Sheldon Country Park with public paths and fields.

Tintop
15th Jul 2008, 06:41
Thanks Avman, its definatley at the end of 33, and as your on final for take off, the spectators seem to be on your left outside the airport perimiter ???? Was wondering if the Tri Star Hotel offered spotting garden ???

Avman
15th Jul 2008, 07:48
Ah, I see where you mean now. Behind the Tristar Hotel is a piece of open land which people use. It was more popular in the days when they could park their cars close by. That road was closed but the grounds are still accessible, though it entails parking further away and having to cross the busy A45 dual carriageway. I rarely see people there now.