PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Arabian Airlines Capt. Positions

formulav
14th Jul 2008, 03:39
Hello,Just interviewed with them last week. Has anybody else??? Will share info with anyboby that is interested or has recently interviewed with them. Would really like to present employees.Regards,Capt. fv549

mutt
14th Jul 2008, 05:26
Use the search function..... lots answered before..... Good Luck..:):)

Mutt

ivorygc
23rd Jul 2008, 01:12
Hi Formulav,

I just sent in my application for B747 FO... Long haul layovers allow me to spend time with family in Indonesia.What's the interview process like. Currently A300B4 captain with Astar/DHL in US with 14,500 hours. 3000 hours PIC airbus and 3700 hours PIC B727. Thanks for any info you can give.

mutt
23rd Jul 2008, 05:10
Ivorygc, unless they have changed the rules, the max age is 55 with type rating, 53 without.... so you are unfortunately too old.

Apart from that, with your amount of left seat time, it would be foolish to give it up. SVA doesnt have an upgrade policy for "expats".

Mutt

sabino
23rd Jul 2008, 15:06
Hi Mutt,
How about jump from one fleet to another being either Capt or F/O?
Is it possible, within SVA or is it just the same scenario for all "expats"?
No chances at all....:=

F.S.

troff
24th Jul 2008, 12:10
D'ay hoofer me a hexellerated upgrade on da 747 tree undred in an eight minute hinterview wit' no sim.
Wat's wrong wit dis picture, I said.
Henyway, dey do 'av a hupgrade program, so to speak, eh?
T

mutt
24th Jul 2008, 13:22
sabino, it has happened in the past, captains to different fleets, FO's to Captain, BUT and this is a really big BUT.... there is no defined process for it, it will only happen if it suits the company and it isnt an entitlement.

Mutt

thlokaka
24th Jul 2008, 14:25
Hello everybody concerned

I am a FO with Saudia 747 Classic

we had some expat's hired this year and one of them was 58 years old i dont know whether he had rating on any equiment b4 or not but YES Saudia is still seeking crew specially they are expanding the fleet in the next 5 yrs and many of our senior captains are 55 age and above SO they are expected retirement soon PLUS some of the expat's crew we have been transitioned to different equipments and some been upgraded to captain positions BUT it is all governed by operation requirment even for us Saudis SO if u would like to come over you are most welcome home

ivorygc
24th Jul 2008, 16:26
Mutt,

Thanks for your rapid reply.I must have screwed up when i registered with PPRUNE. I just turned 49 in May so there's still a few good years left in this old dog.

I am kinda between a rock and a hard place with this DHL/UPS fiasco. I possibly stand to reap a handsome sum if ASTAR/DHL AIRWAYS is dumped by DHL in north america.

Conventional wisdom is that we'll be gone in the first quarter of next year mabe sooner. I have no faith that DHL/DPWN will honor their promises as they have failed to do thus far. My luck is as soon as I leave they'll be buying us out to make this deal happen with UPS. Sad that it has to end this way after 23 years of building an airline from the ground up.Se la vie !

Met a couple of nice guys while I was transiting SIN awhile back and they encouraged me to apply as I had not considered SVA before they told me of the relatively easy lifestyle/long layovers/cheap living expenses.

Regardless of what happens at my current company I am leaving because I have no trust or faith in ANYTHING they say anymore.I just hope if I am hired at SVA they can give me a little leeway so I can hopefully cash in before we get dumped.

Thanks for listening.

sabino
24th Jul 2008, 16:26
Thanks for info Mutt, and for the BUT issue....anyway is good to know.

Tlhokaka, thanks for the inside picture.

Cheers

N.B. mutt, check your PM please.

ivorygc
28th Jul 2008, 02:32
Hello Mr.T,

Please check your private message when you have time.

Best Regards

Ivory

ivorygc
28th Jul 2008, 02:35
By Mr.T I mean THLOKAKA.

Thanks

Ivory

mutt
28th Jul 2008, 09:46
relatively easy lifestyle/long layovers/cheap living expenses

You obviously met the guys who were enjoying a 5 day layover :)

Mutt

ivorygc
28th Jul 2008, 16:01
Yes Sir Mr. Mutt,

I think I did but it never hurts to get as many perspectives as possible. I not the smartest guy so I have to overcompensate by asking the same question over and over different ways and from different people.:)

Cheers

Ivory

mutt
28th Jul 2008, 16:48
I would suggest asking them for left seat ERJ170...... its much easier to move left seat on different aircraft rather than right seat to left. Especially with the influx of new aircraft starting Sep 2009.

Mutt

Lord Flashhart
28th Jul 2008, 17:21
I believe there is an EX Sri Lankan German pilot who will be applying for a DEC position. :}

ivorygc
28th Jul 2008, 17:57
Thanks for the pointer Mr.Mutt. I see that they are recruiting for the A320 as well?

Ivory

ivorygc
1st Aug 2008, 15:09
Hi Formulav,

I got an acknowledgement last friday the 25th that my app was received by Saudia's UK HR and that I would be contacted in " due course". How long did it take from the time they got your app till you were invited for an interview.

Just curious ?

Thanks

Ivorygc

spacenavigator
1st Aug 2008, 22:17
In a related issue,
Has anyone heard about the new carrier starting up in Jeddah soon? My sources tell me it might start with B777/ B737-700 combo.

Any news??

mutt
2nd Aug 2008, 11:56
I guess you are talking about Al-Wafeer air..... Expect them to be in the air this Hajj with 777 and leased B737, targeting the religious traffic.

Mutt

Fool 'n' Tameez
2nd Aug 2008, 14:21
Have they changed their plans? I thought they were going for SV's 747 classics

mutt
2nd Aug 2008, 17:01
Many different aircraft mentioned including the SVA A300's, but never the Classic 747's..... The -100's are destined for destruction... :(:(

Mutt

thlokaka
8th Aug 2008, 20:53
so far i am still flying the 100 200 300

as far as know yes we phased out 3 100 but now planning to put one of them back in service again because the demand in the number of passengers plus with a little extra maintenance the airplnes are wonderful machines

thlokaka
8th Aug 2008, 20:55
They Are Old But Remember They Are

the queen of the sky

coolbreez
8th Aug 2008, 22:08
I heard that SV bought 4 ex chine air B-777 an news.:eek:

goma
9th Aug 2008, 22:04
Paid for hotel in HECA for interview got offered the job official letter bla bla gave company notice then never heard a thing again.

Wouldnt go near them ,didnt even have courtesy to give any reason for delay -----couple of years later no response--WASTE OF TIME:ugh:

sabino
30th Aug 2008, 09:25
From where did u get this info...cool?

coolbreez
30th Aug 2008, 13:03
:(It is a rumour :sad: