PDA

View Full Version : BT ANNOUNCED TONIGHT - as of tomorrow...

InFinRetirement
1st Mar 2000, 01:38
That their BT internet charges are changing as follows:

That from March 1st 2000 the charge of £11.75per mth for weekend free calls (Fri midnight - Sunday Midnight)is being reduced to £9.99 and will now INCLUDE new FREE calls Mon-Fri 6pm-Midnight a total of 78 hours free calls.

Details are available on: www.btinternet.com/html/price_changes.html (http://www.btinternet.com/html/price_changes.html)

Ballinthemiddle
1st Mar 2000, 01:49
But if like me you have crossed over to Localtel keeping the same line -number-benifits-+10%less than B.T and free internet access 6.00 pm to 8.00am weekdays and all weekend free as well, that would just not matter! :)

------------------
Centralised sphere.
( O )

InFinRetirement
1st Mar 2000, 02:19
Your'e right. But then not everyone went over to LocalTel - and I hear Tel - that they let down and awful lot of people "and thousands are coming back every day"!.

Still, everyone to their own choice.

bush
1st Mar 2000, 02:45
Still a bloody rip off! Roll on free local calls.
On the subject of breaking BT's stanglehold, Eurobell are pretty good, all UK calls are charged at local rates!

ACZ
3rd Mar 2000, 00:50
I spoke to BT today. They will be releasing a new offer at the end of March or beginning of April. For about £7 per month you get unlimited free access in the evenings or at weekends to ANY internet service provider not just BT’s server, as is the case with the existing offer. Or for a bit more you can get unlimited free access 24hrs per day. I for one will wait for these offers, as it should save me quite a few pennies.

flappless
5th Mar 2000, 02:33
There really is no need to wait. You can sign up to BTi and then cancel with one months notice. Gives you the best of both worlds.

Mooney
5th Mar 2000, 02:43
Thanks for the BT tip, I joined them as a result of your post!

11.95 pounds a Month; Free Calls weekdays 1800 to 0000 and weekends for the net.

It's fast and it works great.

InFinRetirement
5th Mar 2000, 13:37
Mooney, Hope you didn't pay more than £9.99! It's a good deal. No bout a dout it!