PDA

View Full Version : How many $$´s for an airworthy P51 Mustang ?

Too Low Terrain
13th Jul 2008, 21:46
Hello Warbird Fans!

During the Duxford 2008 airshow I was (once again!) amazed about the
performance of the ("aaaaaaaah") P-51D Mustang and we discussed
the inevitable question: How many dollars, euros or pounds would
change hands for such a beatiful airplane in airworthy condition ?

Are there any for sale in the world ? How can I find out ?

Thanks for your info!

'Chuffer' Dandridge
13th Jul 2008, 21:54
For a selection of P-51s and similar aeroplanes, you could try here:

Courtesy Aircraft, Inc.: premier dealer of quality Warbird and civilian aircraft (http://www.courtesyaircraft.com)

although there are no P-51s in stock at the moment.

They ain't cheap to buy, and they certainly ain't cheap to run:{

sycamore
13th Jul 2008, 22:09
Just go to `www.courtesyaircraft.com`;that`ll give you an idea of prices,although they don`t have one at the moment;however probably $1.5m would be a good starting haggle price,and my intro fee of 2%,in a brown envelope,anytime .....Syc....good luck...

Agaricus bisporus
13th Jul 2008, 22:14
In other words, about the price of a new single-turbine helicopter.

Not too steep, relaly?

Yak11Fan
13th Jul 2008, 22:53
Or up to $2.75m if you buy from Provenance Fighter Sales

K.Whyjelly
14th Jul 2008, 19:59
If you're very rich you can buy one for three and a half million.....:bored:

I think he's owned this one for about a year or so and added it to his exsisting P51 (lucky so and so)

Tom Cruise to buy $3.5million WWII fighter plane

Tom Cruise (http://fametastic.co.uk/tag/tom-cruise) is reportedly buying a $3.5million former fighter plane to add to his aircraft collection.
Tom was spotted looking at the Second World War Mustang P-51 at Bob Hope Airport in Burbank, California recently to join his existing 1943 Mustang, his Pitts Special S-2B stunt plane and his Gulfstream IV jet.
An onlooker at the airport reports that despite already having a number of planes, Tom was very excited about the potential new addition: “He was like a kid with a new toy.”
“He could not wait to check out the plane and was talking about his plans to take it out for a first spin. The other pilots are all very jealous because it’s very impressive.”