PDA

View Full Version : Spice Jet CEO

NG ExPat
13th Jul 2008, 20:32
I just heard from a friend of mine in Delhi, that Spice Jet CEO Sid Sharma has resigned. Anyone have any details?

Left Wing
14th Jul 2008, 01:47
Siddhant Sharma, chief executive officer of Delhi-based SpiceJet, has put in his papers even as the budget carrier is struggling to stay afloat.

Sharma has been with the airline since its inception in 2005. SpiceJet was positioned as a budget airline after a group of shareholders bought S K Modi-run Modiluft and renamed the airline.

His resignation comes at a time when the cash-strapped airline is looking at various ways to get in fresh investment. The airline will either look at a merger with Kingfisher Airlines, which is promoted by liquor baron Vijay Mallya, or a possible infusion from US distress fund Wilbur Ross, which is willing to pump in money.

When contacted Sharma refused to comment. But sources within the airline confirmed the move and said, "Yes, he has put in his papers but that has nothing to do with the current developments within the company. The move had been thought of earlier." It is also not clear whether Sharma will be joining any other airline.

SpiceJet CEO calls it quits (http://www.business-standard.com/common/news_article.php?leftnm=10&bKeyFlag=BO&autono=328482)

NG ExPat
14th Jul 2008, 02:16
Thanks Left Wing. I have a hard time believing that his resignation has nothing to do with the current situation within India's Aviation Sector and the Airline itself.

Kingfisher320
15th Jul 2008, 12:43
The SHIP is sinking....who wants that on ther RESUME?