PDA

View Full Version : BGS ATPL online nav accuracy

planeshipcar
13th Jul 2008, 17:42
I have a question I need to answer for a friend, but I am finding it hard to find a confirmation.

Are the nav questions on the Bristol online question exact numerical questions found in the caa database or are they examples.

As some one who used Bristol before I know that many of their questions are exact, but not sure about the numerical questons.

many thanks quick answer needed

redout
13th Jul 2008, 19:03
I done the exams a couple of years ago but I found the bristol to be pretty accurate.

Polorutz
13th Jul 2008, 23:41
Bristol's feedback is comprised out of students remembering a particular question they thought was hard and sending it back to bristol, they've done it over the years and some of the questions are EXACT, even the numerical ones, however many are just examples based on questions that have appeared on the exams in the past, so you'll get the same question but with different numbers.

If you go through the whole question bank there will only be around 5 questions out of 56 that you haven't seen before, either an example or the exact thing.

potkettleblack
14th Jul 2008, 08:30
Yep its a numbers game at the end of the day. BGS have so many people going through each month that it only takes a few hardy souls to put in a call to the school after leaving the exam with their recollection of the questions. When I was going through many moons ago I got chatting to a guy in between exams. He was through BGS and ex mil. Between him and his mates they carved up the exams. You remember Q1 to 5, you do 6 to 10 etc etc. Military precision at work:)