PDA

View Full Version : IE Explorer consul pop ups arghhhh!

faheel
2nd Jun 2000, 10:10
I have recently started using IE 5.0 and just upgraded to IE 5.5
On both versions,no matter what I do my home page reverts to one from microsoft (same home page)but with something across the top, that continually pops up consoles when I go to another page. I can't stand it!!
Every time It does this I change the home page back to the one I want without this garbage on the top, and it works fine until I reboot, then it does it again arghhhh!
Whilst I am on about IE, is there anyway to tell the browser to remember the last page visited, like you can do with netscape?
cheers

Mice
2nd Jun 2000, 12:59
You need to get a life!

What is wrong with using netscape if you are more familiar with it anyway?

Do not believe you can have the last page visited like Netscape, unless you select this as the home page, or as a default.

Am not too famil with the changes in 5.5, but have you gone into 'start/settings/control panel/internet options' and checked whether there is a change to your selected home page. This Microsoft crap does many things without you knowing. Check that and let me know how you go. It could be something in the registry, so I will have to dig further.

Cheers yet again.

------------------
When all else fails, read the manual!

Tallbloke
4th Jun 2000, 23:15
It is not quite the same thing, but what about using History? This will show you (and everybody else) where you have been for the last 3 weeks.

Home Signal
6th Jun 2000, 05:46
faheel

To get IE5 to save the new home page, the easist way is :-

1. Go to the required page.
2. From the drp down menus select
a) Tools
b) Internet Options
c) At the top of the box is the home page settings, select "Use Current"
d) Select "OK" and its done.

Always have a better day than yesterday !

faheel
6th Jun 2000, 16:59
Nope, found out the problem was some program or other loaded a taskbar onto my IE.
Went into the registry and searched and deleted everything that applied to it, still no luck.
I eventualy went to the site where it came from, they had an uninstal program,which I downloaded and removed it!!
Bloody horrible program, even went so far as starting to download netscape in desperation http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif