View Full Version : B737 Airlines recruiting now. 500 hours on type

DC-8
13th Jul 2008, 12:35
Hi!

I would like to move to a different company where I could fly more than the average 20-25 hours per month I'm doing now.

I have 500 hours on the 737 (300, 400, 500 and 800 series) and 700 TT.

Regarding Ryanair, I saw they are asking for 50 pounds just to send your cv. Does anybody know if they are in needs of pilots or they are just looking for cv's in order to get 50 pounds per each?

Any other idea in Europe?

Thanks!!!

OBK!
13th Jul 2008, 13:28
If they're actually recruiting...do you really want to fly for them?

DC-8
13th Jul 2008, 13:43
Yes I would like. Why not? Would I fly in Ryanair 20 hours per month and get 1800 euros per month as my salary will be in my company for this month?

easymoney
13th Jul 2008, 17:21
If you know someone in Ryanair.....get them to hand in your cv.

beachbumflyer
13th Jul 2008, 22:54
I wouldn't fly for an airline who asks for money to send my cv. :=
That tells you a lot about the company.
What's going to be next if everybody pays to send a cv?

ray cosmic
14th Jul 2008, 02:16
What's going to be next if everybody pays to send a cv?
Yeah, before you know it people will have to pay for their typerating!
Oh, wait..:{

Lafyar Cokov
14th Jul 2008, 09:20
At least pilots are guaranteed an income once they have paid for their type rating!!! I mean, I could never see the day when some pay to fly with an airline just to build hours - so we are safe there I guess!!!

Wizofoz
14th Jul 2008, 14:18
FlyDubai have just announced an order for 54 737-800s starting next May. I guess they'll need people to fly them!

No question you'll fly more than 20hrs/ month and get paid more than 1800 Euro!!

goldfish64
15th Jul 2008, 01:12
Pilots are not guaranteed an income after paying for a type-rating...

GLYCOREX
15th Jul 2008, 07:15
Exact!
I know many pilots with the TR for Boeing 737 300-900 looking for job without experience on the type but with a lot of total flight time hours!:confused:

The contractors asked for 500 hrs on type but if you are just TR with a total flight time of 3000 hrs they are not interested of you.

Anonymus6
15th Jul 2008, 09:34
I would be very careful getting a TR or paying for line training at the current situation. We are facing what is so called a recession, I belive that we are in it right now. People are not traveling as they use to, and oil prices are increasing so not many airlines are recruiting at this time. I belive this will change, but when how knows!!

To answer your question, there are couple of agencies still recruiting on the 737 NG. Rishworth are collecting CVs for an airline in South Korea, no names here!!! and also collecting for a company in North Africa.

Parc are recruiting 737 pilots for a company in Vietnam, and as you mentioned Ryan Air is hiring for their Europe base.

DC-8
15th Jul 2008, 09:45
and as you mentioned Ryan Air is hiring for their Europe base

What are the minimums they are asking for? 500 hours on type or 1500 TT as well? Any idea about how many F/O's will they hire?

Lafyar Cokov
15th Jul 2008, 10:08
Sorry - maybe I should repost to clear up my thoughts on the matter:

At least pilots are guaranteed an income once they have paid for their type rating!!! I mean, I could never see the day when some pay to fly with an airline just to build hours - so we are safe there I guess!!! Yip Yip, Fnaar Fnaar, Oh Err Missus, can you detect a touch of sarcasm and irony in my post?????

How about that - any more subtle?????

Anonymus6
15th Jul 2008, 11:30
DC-8

you will have a good chance to get in with your 500 hrs on type. How many they are recruiting? that I don't know, but they will be slowing down. Remember that they are not buying fuel for 60-70$ a barrol anymore.

Regarding the contract jobs (agencies) your total time is a little bit to low. You will be competing with FAA pilots from US that has been forloughed recently with several different Typer Ratings and several thousands of hours on the logbook.

I recommend you apply to ryan air and see what happens, but KEEP YOUR CURRENT job. Hard to find employment this days.

Good luck,