PDA

View Full Version : All Quiet in GF

HakunaMatata
13th Jul 2008, 08:28
Hey guys whats going on? No whinging, no moaning, no backstabbing. Things must be great. Everyones working their buts off so maybe thats the answer. On the other hand maybe all the **** thats happened has been to our advantage. Once again we have come out on tops and got together ( F... the guys that left the sinking ship ) locals and expats united and kept a great Airline going. Our training department is second to none and the training guys (paid too much - tongue in cheek ) are doing a grand job. I guess anyone that has failed a check is not going to agree with me! Waiting for the feedback with baited breath

HM

BOB 323
13th Jul 2008, 12:51
There is always room for bit of whinging and moaning but lets face it.
with all of their short comings the management is better than QR EY.
Pay is good as you spend less being in bahrain.
2 leave slots of 26 days each.
you can always make bit extra by flying on a day off.
Bahrain could be boring but still friendliar place than Doha and Uae.
Basically you can moan about every thing or absolutely nothing.

Sal-e
13th Jul 2008, 14:03
BAH is as exciting as you want it to be without costing you an arm and a leg. GF is a good airline, possibly the best in the region in my opinion. There is good comraderie between the locals and expats. Money is good. Pilot management team a good bunch. Life is quiet in GF, some of it is due to hard work with the summer sched but most of it is that there really isn't anything worth complaining about. Apart from the desert heat, broken APUs, old planes and radical drivers on the road, it's all good.

40&80
13th Jul 2008, 14:38
You got APUs?
Better than we had on the GF F27 in 1974 around the Oman desert and up and down the Gulf and we got shot at in Sallalah as a bonus.
Hopefully they spoil you these days and I am glad things have improved.
Just found my F/o L1011 1976 contract...BD3600 a year...broken APUs an all...Nothing five star tristar for the passengers with a 45 degree C cabin.
HKK maintenance used to pinch the APU parts and mods for Cathay until GF put an engineer on site to stop it...later upgraded GF maintenance and ditched HKK... then they ditched Bahrain hanger and invented Gamco.
Then they moved the sim to Doha and then moved it back to Bahrain...GF just gets better all the time...it just takes 34 plus years to get there.

fractional
13th Jul 2008, 15:42
Better be All Quiet in GF. They have gone through a lot caused by outside interference that caused a lot of in-fighting and jobs for the boys and some girls too. They better concentrate on business and business alone to stand a chance and compete with the other bigger players in the Gulf.

HakunaMatata
13th Jul 2008, 16:57
40&80
Hey old timer. My post was intended to generate a bit of chat on GF which recently had all gone quiet. Your response opens up a great new field. ie some good storys from the past. Must be a few guys out there with a good one to tell. Lets here from you.

On the subject of APUs. No change. The minute it looks like summer all the the damn things pack (?) up. So does everything else on a Bus.

Just one point mate - I think you might have missed out a digit on your annual salary or ment to say monthly.

Keep well

HM

CedarJet
13th Jul 2008, 17:16
If you need any GF news, they will lease 3 A330-200 (ex: MEA) for delivery in 2009:

GULF AIR, based in Manama, Bahrain, will lease three (3) used Airbus A330-200 aircraft from ILFC. The aircraft, MSN 527, 529, and 532, are powered by TRENT 772B-60 engines and are scheduled to deliver in March, April and May 2009. The lease terms are for eight years each.

Che Guevara
13th Jul 2008, 22:37
Interesting, what kind of condition they are in?

Dixons Cider
14th Jul 2008, 06:25
You guys make me laugh.

Why you see the need to defend yourselves and your various decisions to be there, whilst you slate the various other carriers in the region beats me. If you're so blardy happy on your little island flying tired old airframes, then good on you.

Just seems a tad weird to me you see the need to justify yourselves. Got the feeling a psychoanalyst would have a feild day with the drivel above.

From my angle, best thing I ever did was leave GF. Horses for courses. And no I didn't break a bond.

I just wanted to inject some reality into this thread. Cant be bothered and will not enter into a slanging match with any antagonists.

ironbutt57
14th Jul 2008, 08:26
gee dixon...we are justifying ourselves?? looks to me like we are responding to rubbish...we didnt even start the thread...as the title mentions...all quiet at GF..we are quiet...until stepped on...see...most of us have a life..get it?? we fly wht we do to support that life....not the other way 'round...you should try it!!

ODMEA
14th Jul 2008, 23:29
Dixon actually comes across as though you may be subliminally regretting your departure from GF?

May not be the case, but that's how I read it.

Oddy:hmm::)