PDA

View Full Version : .wav files to cd rom

GoneWest
22nd Jul 2001, 08:07
I have six very short "wav" files that I would like to burn onto a CD in order to play them in a standard CD player (the little walkman style beastie).

I tried it as wav files - burned nicely - CD player doesn't recognise the disk.

What do I need to do?

SLB
22nd Jul 2001, 16:42
The files need to be converted to AIFF file format, and then burned as an audio CD, not a data CD. There are countless software podcuts that support the conversion and burning, but since you appear to be a Windoze user (wav files), I can't be of much help (Toast for the Mac does this quite easily) :eek:

PPRuNe Towers
22nd Jul 2001, 19:01
Toast is the Mac brand but Roxio/Adaptec do much the same software for the PC. I think Easy CD creator is the present product name.

fobotcso
22nd Jul 2001, 21:17
PPT, Ouch!! Easy CD Creator from Roxio (formerly Adaptec) is a non starter with Windows 2000. I burned a lot of coffee coasters before I gave up and called the Freecom helpline. The gave me a free copy of Nero.

Nero works well with Windows 2000 although the interface graphics are not as polished as Easy CD Creator.

Easy CD Creator is fine with Windows 98, 98SE and ME, however.

spannersatcx
22nd Jul 2001, 23:27
Make sure you close the disk after the final burn otherwise it will never work, if you can see the wav files in explorer then the disk is closed.
Do other disks work in the player you are using, not all cd players can read cdr's.
EZCD Creator V5 (just out) is vvery good, as is nero, if you want to use both though you will need to get a boot menu program from nero website. ;)

GoGirl
23rd Jul 2001, 12:01
Quick question folks, I too have CD creator, but what I'm after is a program that 'Tests' before it burns, and lets you know if there is a file that will corrupt the disc, or is not formatted correctly etc..

Someone once mentioned a web-site for such a program, but I'm knackered if I can rememeber it :rolleyes:

I find Easy CD Creator a really good program because it's EASY :eek:

Cheers
GG :D

spannersatcx
23rd Jul 2001, 12:05
In ezcd you can (prior to burn) select a radio button that says TEST - TEST and BURN(copy) - COPY it's somewhere in the settings dialogue. :D

GoneWest
24th Jul 2001, 04:11
Hey - I responded to this post 24hrs ago...where's my message gone??????????

Anyway - thanks, Cats and Kittens, my wife's computer (which is networked to this) has EZCD...I'll have another go.

fobotcso
24th Jul 2001, 18:18
GW, your message probably went West.

FL310
25th Jul 2001, 00:33
GoneWest...as someone mentioned before, test and burn and than close the CD...otherwise messages are off faaaar West.... :p

GoneWest
25th Jul 2001, 05:22
Ha hey!!

Been there, done that - worked a treat.

Thanks guys. Thanks Adaptec.

Only one coaster in the process!!!! :D :D

GoGirl
25th Jul 2001, 05:31
Cheers from GoGirl as well!!

Amazing what I found when I looked :rolleyes:

Thanks guys :D

GG