PDA

View Full Version : Middle East airline offering 777 bases

ZQN
12th Jul 2008, 18:37
As seen on the Flight International site. Any ideas which airline this might be? Any chance this could be EK?

we are working with an existing large airline who soon will require 777 pilots middle east and various bases pilots must be type rated with good hours on the aircraft-we are not looking for non type rated pilots

we are finalising details of this contract shortly - please send in your expression of interest so that we can be aware of you and can provide information as soon as it can be released

TangoUniform
14th Jul 2008, 17:20
Perhaps Air India with a base in the ME

fourgolds
14th Jul 2008, 17:37
Nope this one my sources say is QR , " from the add in flight I guess you are referring"

KRUGERFLAP
14th Jul 2008, 17:40
i think it's air india that will have base in dubai.

Rgs

Tintin
14th Jul 2008, 19:06
Fourgolds your source is wrong Qr dont have various base

fourgolds
14th Jul 2008, 19:46
I,ve been wrong before but the market dictates and I know a few contract folks that seem to agree. Its just a look see as to who they can get , " kinda like the early days of EY offering basings to a340 crews when they were starting out.
QR have a pending large demand for 777 drivers and there are two ways to attract applicants
1) Basings
2) Big Bucks

Otherwise they will crew them with many many 73/76 and a few 77 drivers from the furloughing US carriers if it makes more sense to them.

Tintin
15th Jul 2008, 18:55
well if they do that I will resign and re-apply

puff m'call
20th Jul 2008, 19:11
One thing is for sure, it's not EK and never will be in the foreseeable future.:=