PDA

View Full Version : RIAT cancelled on Sunday (as well)

TW15TER
12th Jul 2008, 15:52
A bad weekend all round.

The Popham Microlight do also was washed out by the state of the grass parking. It seems that Aero Expo 2008 was fortunate and blessed with good weather.

Leezyjet
12th Jul 2008, 23:07
Whats happening with the exhibitors (a/c) ?. They just packing up and flying out on Sunday rather than Monday then ?.

:uhoh:

Flaps ten please
13th Jul 2008, 08:13
What an enormous disappointment for everybody concerned.

Luckily I found out late on Friday just in time to cancel my coach and 40 visitors turning out at stupid o'clock Saturday morning.

I am now wondering if some sort of contingency plan could have been in place regarding off-site parking not relying on farmers fields, or even track-matting or mud removal machine like they have used at Glastonbury. It was a military base after all! Rather a poor result in my humble opinion and somewhat of an embarrassment.

This country always seems to descend rapidly into chaos with any adverse weather - you would think we would be used to it and geared up by now.

Didn't hear one mention on any TV or radio channel traffic reports throughout the weekend. Surely some liaison with the media would have saved a few wasted journeys at least?

Bagso
13th Jul 2008, 10:08
....in fairness it was mentioned throughout the morning on 5 live from 6am, I heard it at lest 10 times with additional call from exasperated memebers of the public complaining about the canx,

It was 3rd item on BBC teletext Friday night and the 6th item on BBC news, so on the contrary I think they did a stirling job getting the word out. If you saw the comprehensive coverage on Friday of the parade and flypast you might assume it was in some doubt.

"Taylor"
13th Jul 2008, 12:14
Park and view is still on for monday with tickets available on the gate. I'd guess that knowing the disappointment this weekend, the a/c leaving will put on a bit of a show, weather permitting. I gather a few a/c might have left today, but the F22's should still be there as their displaying at Farnborough tomorrow. Think i'll be taking a drive up. Tickets on the gate £20. Anyone any idea what time things will be kicking off?