PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Corrupt files..

TwoDogs
25th Feb 2000, 10:45
I have been receiving files from a variety of sources without any problem....except for those from one uy in Oz. He sends .gif, .doc, .exe, .jpg files to me and they arrive corrupted.
The .jpg files come up as "unrecognised format" the .doc files open up as gibberish and the .exe files come up as "not a valid win32 application". As I said before I have no problems receiving files from elsewhere and he has received no complaints from anybody else that he sends the files to.
We have managed to work out that if he sends the files using Netscape mail or Outlook Express they arrive OK, it is only if he uses Outlook that the problem occurs. Does anybody have any ideas what can be causing he problem???
Any help much appreciated.

stickyb
25th Feb 2000, 13:53
Ask your friend to check what format he is sending the attachments in.
When creating the mail in Outlook, go to
File->Properties->Send Options and which of the attachment format options is set.
Usual choices are Don't Know, Mime, Uuencode, and BinHex
with Don't Know being the default. Suggest you ask him to do a test sending the same test file with different settings, see if you get one that works.
Outllok does have some known problems with certain mail formats/ISP combinations