PDA

View Full Version : Emirates MAN - KUL with Pregnant wife

richard_simcox
12th Jul 2008, 07:41
Hi
Flying this route next month when wife will be 23 weeks Pregnant..We believe the aircraft is a 777-300 and we would like to pre-book the seats at the back which are a window and isle for best comfort..

Is the best way to do this to ring the airline a few days before we travel and explian our situation or just turn up at the airport and hope for the best?

Tried to check in online once before with this airline but it wouldn't let you change your seat selection so don't think this is an option unless anyone knows better?

Thanks

tezzer
12th Jul 2008, 12:36
I have had no problems on the EK website changing my seat, in fact I thing if you use the manage your booking page before check-in, i.e. now, you can pre-select your seat.

SuanLum
12th Jul 2008, 12:52
You can preselect your seat thro MMB in business class for sure as I did it for our Dec flights back in March,not sure about economy?

Dan Air 87
12th Jul 2008, 14:31
Contact EK's Special Assistance team who should be able to help you out here. You should ensure that all of your wife's paperwork is with you (Doctors letter, EDD etc).

passy777
12th Jul 2008, 15:50
Have been giving EK a miss for the past few years due to the state of DXB, however, don't assume that pre-booked seats are guaranteed.
From personal experiences, EK have a habit of giving away 'reserved' seats. If I remember correctly, you also had to be a member of Skywards to reserve seats, however, this may not now be the case. Anyway, I hope you get your seats and enjoy your trip.:ok:

richard_simcox
12th Jul 2008, 19:02
Thanks for the advice

Have gone on the EK website and the "manage my booking section" - the seat selection said "not applicable" but have got the phone no for general enquires and reservations so will give them a call..

Plan on joining Skywards before we go - maybe this will make a difference...

tezzer
12th Jul 2008, 21:20
yes, sorry, perhaps my advice is only relevant to Skywards members,(of which I am one). :\

preduk
12th Jul 2008, 21:26
I flew with them 2 weeks ago, I'm pretty tall and they had no problem getting me good seats a couple of hours before the flights. Infact when i was in Dubai I asked 30mins before the flight and got good extra leg room seats.

richard_simcox
13th Jul 2008, 14:20
ThanksJoined Skywards and hey presto -could choose our seats!
No probs on the DXB - KUL legs (out and ret) but the seats we wanted have gone on the MAN -DXB legs...

Suppose 50% isn't a bad return....