PDA

View Full Version : BBC: British Squaddie makes it to Miss England final

VinRouge
12th Jul 2008, 03:10
A female soldier who once fought off a suspected Iraqi insurgent has won a place in the final of Miss England.
Katrina Hodge, 21, will participate in the contest in July, having already won the Miss Tunbridge Wells crown.
L/Cpl Hodge was nicknamed Combat Barbie in 2005 after being given a bravery commendation for saving the lives of members of her regiment in Iraq.
They were held at gunpoint when their vehicle overturned but L/Cpl Hodge punched the gunman and took his rifles.
She said: "I was in complete shock at first. The force of the accident caused our vehicle to roll over three times and threw us off guard.
"As I came round, the Iraqi suspect was standing over us with the rifles. I knew if I didn't act fast then our lives would be in danger.
"I punched him and the force startled him enough for me to retrieve the rifles from him."
Miss Hodge, a military clerk with The Adjutant General's Corps, will go on to appear at Miss World 2008 if she wins the English title.
"I was delighted to have been selected for the Miss England final and it is a great honour," she added.
"Being a part-time model and a serving soldier is certainly a world apart. I want to use this competition to highlight the work that the Army are doing and what they have done for this country." She is currently serving at Frimley Park Hospital in Camberley and will take part in the Miss England national finals on Friday.

http://www.alarabiya.net/files/image/large_43566_48344.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00687/katrina-hodge-404a_687110c.jpg

Here she is!!! Wouldnt mind seeing her in my Basha! (Or spidermans Lair... :E)

Perhaps they could get her on the CSE show?

Blacksheep
12th Jul 2008, 12:35
Whey, she's a fine lass and a bonny lass and I hope she wins. :ok:

Professor Plum
12th Jul 2008, 12:55
I hope she puts her slap on properly on the night, her cam cream application is a disgrace!

Personally, I wasn't really looking at the cam cream....

Good luck to her

GreenKnight121
12th Jul 2008, 18:27
Personally, I wasn't really looking at the cam cream....

I don't think the Iraqi was either... which allowed her the first strike.

Nice diversionary assets! :O

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
13th Jul 2008, 20:15
It's also good to note that she started life as a fully equipped girl!

NutLoose
13th Jul 2008, 21:10
When I was a lad, a rack was something you pushed up against a wall :rolleyes:

barnstormer1968
14th Jul 2008, 10:13
Katrina is a very attractive girl, and and indeed has the phwoar factor.
She has good bone and cheek lines (I learned all these things as the ex Mrs barnstormer was a page three model).
BUT having said all that, Although I wish her every success, it seems a shame to me that her own country doesn't make more of her success in theatre of operations as well.
I'm not normally given to political correctness of any kind, but I also will jump on any chance to sell (to the masses) just what a superb job our youngsters our doing for our benefit and on our behalf. That might make me sound old, but when I was in uniform Margaret Thatcher was in power, and I felt a lot mere appreciated than some our our current heroes seem to under our present glorious leader.
So, Katrina, best of luck in keeping your two jobs going, and best of luck on both fronts....ooh er:O

Barnstormer1968:ok:

glad rag
14th Jul 2008, 13:38
When I was an erk, a WRAC was something you screwed up against a wall (esp et Rhinedalen on bop night!!)

IknowIknowI'mgoingtohellforthat!:}

blue monday
14th Jul 2008, 14:13
A stunner like that, i bet she is 'cough' a popular girl on camp, 'cough cough'.

Then again form my time in service a female with a pulse was 'popular' especially with the Rocks, infact with the rocks a pulse was optional LoL. There were some nice girls though who didn't do the usual bed hoping, but their reputation gets tarnished by the majority.

ArthurR
14th Jul 2008, 14:48
Must be getting old, when I read the thread title, I expected to see a steward :E

4mastacker
14th Jul 2008, 15:57
glad rag wrote:

When I was an erk, a WRAC was something you screwed up against a wall (esp et Rhinedalen on bop night!!)

You mean you found one who didn't have a "girlfriend"?? ;)

Geezers of Nazareth
14th Jul 2008, 16:22
I would!.

Anyway ...
"As I came round, the Iraqi suspect was standing over us with the rifles. I knew if I didn't act fast then our lives would be in danger.
"I punched him and the force startled him enough for me to retrieve the rifles from him."

I think that she could teach the RN blokes in 'Iranian waters' a thing or two! :ok:

mckelvey
14th Jul 2008, 19:35
I agree GofN.

If I remember correctly the WREN invloved in that little altercation was way behind L/Cpl Hodge in the valour (and dare I say it looks dept).

McK

NutLoose
14th Jul 2008, 21:02
glad rag wrote:

Quote:
You mean you found one who didn't have a "girlfriend"?? ;)

Well I was trying to be erm,, somewhat tactful further up the thread.......:rolleyes:

Did ya tell them you were a Tankie? They always used to ask are you a Tankie in the Rhinedalen Bop??
I often wonder if some dissy Wrac is still extolling her intimate knowledge of the operations of the 16 inch gunned Chieftian tank fitted with quadraplex all round independant suspension that she acquired from me....:p

Is Pops and Eddies still on the go? :ok:

rleungz
14th Jul 2008, 22:22
I'm sure she is in the british army careers guide:ok:

PFMG
15th Jul 2008, 15:11
Nice research smart chap but I'm not sure thats the same bird.

Nonetheless...good norks :ok:

sjj
18th Jul 2008, 10:18
Mind you, being one of the best looking women in the UK is hardly an accomplishment...........

VinRouge
18th Jul 2008, 16:09
It is if you are an army bird!

blue monday
18th Jul 2008, 16:43
This is a rumour network - Rumour has it(this is 4th hand information that's come from Army to RAF to Civvi St - so is not stated as fact just rumour) she was entertained one evening by a couple of Army Aviators. What that insinuates i know not.

:mad: pilots! - they get all the girls!

4PON4PIN
19th Jul 2008, 12:24
Blue Monday or Moderators: Would you please consider removing the 1745 post with all due haste.
I am by no means prudish and a few "phoooaarrww" type comments are perhaps complimentary but I very much feel that Blue Monday has stepped way out of line and the young lady could well be offended at his/her inference. :=

blue monday
19th Jul 2008, 12:39
Its a rumour network you :mad: , its a 4th hand rumour as stated!

I assume you have never served in the forces as you'd know this goes on on many stations. From my time in service the majority women were never shy. Infact they hold the cards, thursday night NAAFI bop bar full of blokes, allways more blokes than girls, they just choose which 1,2 or 3 or however many they want, Para's and Aircrew are always popular choices.

Happens every week on military establishments. All morals have gone with today's youth.

Chris Kebab
19th Jul 2008, 12:52
..might well be a "rumour" network Blue Monday but I strongly suspect that if she was to now call a lawyer you (and this site) would be in deep mire.

blue monday
19th Jul 2008, 12:55
do you know the laws on liable: its a grey area:

Libel is the written word. Slander is spoken.

There are two versions of defamation, libel and slander. Libel is when the defamation is written down (including email, bulletin boards and websites), and slander is when the incident relates to words spoken.

For example, if you said Peter Sutcliffe had never paid his TV licence in his life that would not be defamatory - or it is very unlikely to be. However, if you said the same about TV boss Greg Dyke, that would be.

Why? Because Peter Sutcliffe's reputation will not be damaged by the TV licence revelation (he is after all a mass murderer). Of course, his lawyers would still be free to bring the case to court, but it is very unlikely they would succeed.

Greg Dyke, on the other hand, runs the BBC , so to say he wilfully doesn't pay his TV licence could have a seriously detrimental effect on his career. He could be fired or his reputation damaged (note:Dyke has now left the BBC).

Chris Kebab
19th Jul 2008, 12:57
...funny you should say that, but then again i'm neither you nor the site owner so why should I care.

Let's just hope she doesn't see it.

forget
19th Jul 2008, 13:03
do you know the laws on liable: its a grey area:

Libel is the written word. Slander is spoken.

Says a lot about blue monday. Lots of mouth, lots of trousers, very little else.

blue monday
19th Jul 2008, 13:06
Says a lot about blue monday. Lots of mouth, lots of trousers, very little else

Oh do forgive me for not spelling a word correctly, must mean i have an IQ as low as yours.

forget
19th Jul 2008, 13:42
Oh do forgive me for not spelling a word correctly, must mean i have an IQ as low as yours.

You didn't spell a word incorrectly, which can happen to anyone. You used the wrong word - which only happens to thick people.

Shack37
19th Jul 2008, 14:03
Its a rumour network you :mad: , its a 4th hand rumour as stated!

Blue Monday
Yes it's a rumour forum but your post was not a rumour, it was an insinuation and a pretty grubby one at that. FYI I WAS in the forces but don't recall anyone being so small minded as to make a comment such as yours. Have you been in the forces, were you the one who always sat by himself in the NAAFI/Mess, always on the outside looking in?
:yuk:

s37

Tourist
19th Jul 2008, 14:24
Doesn't matter if it is true or not, slander or not.
To post such a thing on a public place such as this makes you an ungentlemanly tosser of the worst sort.
Flogging's to good for you.
Tw@t

minigundiplomat
19th Jul 2008, 20:34
The legal aspects to one side, this post must be removed forthwith.

MGD

VinRouge
19th Jul 2008, 20:58
Anyways, back to the original topic. The full line-up for 2008 can be found here:

Finalists 2008 (http://www.missengland.info/finalists)

Lots of talent!

airmail
19th Jul 2008, 23:04
blue monday

Copying and pasting from another site does not change the fact that the UK courts now recognise that Libel can take place on the internet due to inference. I would suggest that you do remove your post (or the mods do) on the basis that they - and then you as they have enough details to track you - could now face a lawsuit that has grounds. As has been stated earlier by Chris Kebab, I'm neither you nor the site owner, but I do take offence at someone that is trying to belittle a person that has not only served their country with honour but also, in her own way, raised the profile of the services in getting through to the finals of Miss England.

The final point that I wish to make is that her name and Regiment are known publicly - if you want to leave your post as it is, let the rest of us know your Name, Rank and Regiment.

forget
20th Jul 2008, 10:03
- if you want to leave your post as it is, let the rest of us know your Name, Rank and Regiment.

Manchester Airport, 'Biz Jet' Flt Ops. Started work there last week of March, first week of April. Went to Farnborough last Wednesday. Can't spell. :hmm:

SirPeterHardingsLovechild
20th Jul 2008, 12:16
She didn't win, but she got 'Eco Girl Award'

http://www.missengland.info/administrator/components/com_applicant/images/user_60/user_60_image1.jpg

4PON4PIN
20th Jul 2008, 13:08
Chris Kebab et al, thank you for your comments in trying to enlighten a dullard as to what is, and is not acceptable on a public forum. Regrettably it appears a Sisyphean task! (Thought I'd use that so blue moon could spend time looking for a dictionary and then google to find out who the hell Sisyphus was and what he had to do! Might reduce his time on making crass comments here).

Anyhow, blue moon....despite your editing (for which I thank you), there remains an unnecessary inference. Why not call it a day and delete in toto?

Your profile "Occupation: Ops officer/planner/assistant/clerk"
speaks volumes! Do you really know what/who you are?

Foghorn Leghorn.....how strange to publicly aver oneself equally prattish!

p.s. Blue Moon...never assume....15 years Military Service and very proud of the values which were instilled and maintained.

ZH875
20th Jul 2008, 13:46
She didn't win, but she got 'Eco Girl Award'

http://www.missengland.info/administrator/components/com_applicant/images/user_60/user_60_image1.jpg

'Eco girl' is that for wearing Greens?:)