PDA

View Full Version : License application - advice

sparx007
12th Jul 2008, 01:10
Hi all,

Just a quick one. I have my CPL, NR and ME to apply for but am seeking to begin the IR shortly. Can anybody advise on whether it best to apply to the CAA for aforementioned or wait to complete the IR and then apply for all in one go. I once heard that it is cheaper to apply for the CPL and IR together and i believe you have one year from completion of the CPL to get it issued, not sure how to go about the NR and ME additions though. Is there a time frame for these also? Does anybody also know how much the CAA currently charge for issue of the licences?

Any advise greatly appreciated.

Sparx

Nashers
12th Jul 2008, 03:37
just send everything to the CAA at one time if you dont have big gaps in training. any money you can save from the CAA is deffo christmas come early (as my CPL flight examiner told me)

potkettleblack
12th Jul 2008, 08:21
LASORS has the information you require. Downloadable from the CAA website along with the required application forms. As stated above save your money and do it in one go.

Keygrip
12th Jul 2008, 12:36
The night experience never expires, so apply for the QUALIFICATION (it's not a rating) any time.

The "CPL" is valid 12 months from test date - so is the IR.

The "Class Rating" (presumably MEP from reading your post) is 6 months. I have heard, however, from one CAA bunny that MEP class, if applies for as part of CPL skill test is 12 months - other bunnies say, 6 months (and I do know at least one that was rejected for being out of date.

Even the CAA don't know - so not much point in relying on LASORS for the answer to this one.