PDA

View Full Version : Instrument Flight Trainer v 6.1

Vx
23rd Feb 2000, 13:45
I've got Flight Deck Software's IFT Pro V6.1, its is a good nifty way to prac approaches with all the navaids and a good panel layout, but.....

Has anyone found a way to run it on a laptop ?
It is not designed to respond to the laptop mouse, only to a joystick, and there's no j/stick port on the laptop !

I have correctly installed a PC card called GameCard Pro that is a PCMCIA to Game Port adaptor, but no joysticks work.

Any ideas ?

SixDemonBag
26th Feb 2000, 07:55
I've got something called a Gravis 'stinger', it's apparantly one of the only devices that is made to work on laptops. Like your problem, it is tricky to get it working for every program. But for FS works fine and it has quite a good feel to it (i.e digitally proportional). Plugs into one of the serial ports and it uses some software to configure it as a game port. Not as good as a joystick...but it does the job..

hope that helps.

WX Man
27th Feb 2000, 18:36
RRRRRR!!!!!!!!! DON'T talk to me about J C Designs Gamecard Pro. Biggest bunch of **** I've used since I last used my girlfriend's Compaq!

The ONLY way around this is to get hold of joystick that uses the USB or serial ports. If you don't have a USB port, get a PC card that gives you a USB port- but make sure you're using W98 SE or higher!

I have ordered a Force Feedback Joystick (Logitech Wingman Force Feedback USB) that also has a serial connector aswell as a USB connector. I, like you have the same problem and hope this solves it- I'll keep you posted!

Vx
29th Feb 2000, 00:37
6DB - ok I'll try and track that one down.

WX - yeah, alt uses for the GameCard Pro from JC Designs include door stop, cat toy, pistol range target, etc. Mine did succeed though in altering the system registery in W98(2) and will not uninstall until I reformat C:\.

The IFT Pro program, if thats what you have, looks for a joystick port, I don't think a USB port would be recognised ? Let us know !