PDA

View Full Version : JAA ATPL Ground Training in Bahrain

NAY-VEE PILOT
11th Jul 2008, 12:20
Ladies and Gents,
I will reporting to Bahrain to fly the C-12 in Dec 08. I have my FAA and CAA ATPL. I am desperately looking to obtain my JAA ATPL. Does anyone know of a training facility in Bahrain that offers a British JAA ATPL ground school? Or in lieu of that any way of obtaining a JAA ATPL (frozen or unfrozen) license while I am there. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Nay-vee pilot.

.Aero
11th Jul 2008, 18:31
NAY-VEE PILOT,

Hate to dissapoint you but Bahrain is probably one of the unfriendliest countries in the region when it comes to general aviation & flight training. There are no flight or ground schools in Bahrain. It only has one civil airport and the airspace over the country is restricted from the SFC to an UNL level.

There are however some very reputable UK FTOs that offering JAA-ATPL theoretical knowledge through distance learning which you'll be able to do from Bahrain. You'll need to fly over to the UK to sit your exams.

If you download the CAA's Standards Document No. 31, it lists all UK approved courses both within the UK and abroad. PDF HERE (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/Approved%20Training%20Organisations%20Doc%2031.pdf)(471 kb)
Page 6 has a list of the FTOs offering ATPL theory through distance learning.

Good luck!

NAY-VEE PILOT
15th Jul 2008, 14:08
Aero,
Thanks for the information. I was hoping to avoid the travel for the exams, but that seems unavoidable. Once again thanks for the information.

Anonymus6
15th Jul 2008, 14:45
navy pilot,,

What about an organisation called BRISTOL:D

pilot4ever
19th Jul 2008, 19:53
Hi
I Recommend U To Register With Oxford Aviation Training For Distence Learning And They Will Send U All The 14 Books To Study From And The Atpl Media Softwares To Study From .then Go To Bristol Site And Register With Them For The 14 Jar Feedback Questions For The Exams They R Prety Good For Ur Exam Preperation I Did Study In Oxford And Learned All Bristol Feedback Questions And Passed All My Exams From The First Attempt Its Gonna Cost U 50£ To Register With Bristol Valid For 3 Months Good Luck ....