PDA

View Full Version : IE "content advisor settings" problem

receding 'airline
21st Jul 2001, 00:05
Every time I fire up IE (5.5), I get a warning box show up first that says some advisor settings are missing and telling me to go into the tools menu -> internet options -> content advisor -> settings. I do this and have found I have to change all the different content categories (sex, nudity, language etc.) to allow fully offensive content before I can look at any pages on the internet. Having done this, I can get around fine. These settings don't save though and anytime I get out of IE and open it up again I get the same warning and have to do exactly the same thing all over again. :confused:

I've tried completely deleting and reinstalling a new version of IE 5.5 but this doesn't seem to help. Anyone got any other suggestions? Thanks.

Navi-Gator
23rd Jul 2001, 02:41
disable advisor settings completely.
wot ISP software r u using this may be a problem if u r using aol front end 4 acess
CServe can also be a mongrel

receding 'airline
24th Jul 2001, 02:33
Gator, thanks for your reply. Have also done this but with the same result. It allows me to look at everything after disabling, but when I close IE and reopen it i get the same warning and have to do it all over again. For some reason it doesn't seem to save any settings I make in content advisor after I close it. I have had the same ISP (not AOL or CServe)for months and never a problem in the begining. Any other suggestions. Is there a general windows seting that affects this maybe??