PDA

View Full Version : How to copy/backup works calendar.

KwikPhix
20th Jul 2001, 16:08
Hopefully this will be a easy one. I have started to use my MS Works 2000 Calendar application more and more as it allows you to plan so far in advance, also for setting reminders,(busy family, both work variable shifts,3 kids plus pets!) The problem is I rely on it so much now that i would be lost if it ever messed up/crashed etc.does anyone know how i could make a periodic copy of my complete calendar. I have windows 98SE, a CD-r/rw drive,and the adaptec Direct CD software. Which file is my Works calendar in though? Thanks.

[ 20 July 2001: Message edited by: KwikPhix ]

fobotcso
20th Jul 2001, 18:33
KP, yup this is an easy one although to some extent the file location varies with the version of windows you are using.

I did what you want to do when I upgraded from W98 to W2000. The single file is called:

mswkscal.wcd

and on Mrs fob's PC using W2000 it is in:

Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared

Hers is only 240 KB because she doesn't use it as much as I would like! When you find yours you may find that a single floppy is all you need to BU.

Quick way to find it is to run a search on the name above. Or make small change to the calendar then quickly run a search on all files changed in the last day and sort by date/time.

KwikPhix
21st Jul 2001, 00:08
Thank you very much for the quick response. found everything just as you said and made my copy- had to use a CD,I use the Cal. a lot! hopefully I'll never need my backup though?...Sure. Thanks again.