PDA

View Full Version : The order in which things should be done.

JohnRayner
11th Jul 2008, 10:51
Hello all, quick question that I couldn't find the answer to in a search.

Purely hypothetically mind...

If I were a PPL holder with a night rating doing my ATPL groundschool, and I got a multi-engine rating and Instrument rating while doing said groundschool, would I have to redo them for CPL i.e. are they the same ratings for PPL/CPL, and are they transferrable?

Regards

JR

Emmett01
11th Jul 2008, 11:11
Im no expert,,but I would say that once u have an IR, you have an IR.... The only differences in IR's is whether it is single of multi engine IR....

Presides doin the ground school and an IR @ the same time would be pretty stressful i would say.........

AlphaMale
11th Jul 2008, 11:14
If I were a PPL holder with a night rating doing my ATPL groundschool, and I got a multi-engine rating and Instrument rating while doing said groundschool, would I have to redo them for CPL i.e. are they the same ratings for PPL/CPL, and are they transferrable?

If you were a PPL holder with a Night Rating and studying for your 14 ATPL ground school exams. Then what you're doing is combining your CPL and IR theory into 14 exams (basically).

So armed with a Class 1 medical / PPL + Night / ATPL GS complete along with the minimum hours you'll be looking to gain a CPL (replaces the PPL) and a MEIR. Along with a MCC you'll have a fATPL. :cool:

Goof luck

Shunter
11th Jul 2008, 11:16
You need to disconnect the concept of license and ratings.

An MEP rating is just as valid on a PPL as it is on a CPL, and will transfer over. You might struggle with doing the IR though, as you need to pass the exams first!

MIKECR
11th Jul 2008, 11:20
and you also need minimum 70 hours pic time before you can do an MEP rating

JohnRayner
11th Jul 2008, 11:57
Thank you all! :ok:

I agree doing IR simultaneously with ground school would suck ass. I'm bright, but I'm not that bright! :8

I just wanted to know if it was possible in theory without repeating stuff later on.

My plan was/is to PPL/ NR. Then Ground School while hours building/ MEP rating. THEN CPL/IR

Then get upset 'cos I can't get a job :ugh: