PDA

View Full Version : Jeppesen Delivery

Dog One
11th Jul 2008, 10:34
Is it just my postie, or are other subscribers receiving their amendments late. Mine arrived in today's mail effective today. It would appear that the last few amendments were also late, including the one that disappeared rn route to Australia.

What is the problem? Mine use to arrive a week before the amendment was due.

Chadzat
11th Jul 2008, 11:12
Ah good, so its not just me then! Since my last Jepp renewal (March this year) I have had to ring up twice because of not receiving the updates. The first time I had waited nearly before the 'next' amendment arrived before getting them to post out an express post replacement. Funnily enough that amendment turned up about a month after it was due!

Second time was the revision before last, I rang up again after waiting 7 days since my co-workers (also in Adelaide metro area) received theirs. Unfortunately I then got the express post version the following monday, and on the tues the original version turned up!!

Whats the go Jeppesen? Its no good if CASA ramp check me and go "where are your current documents?"- Uhhh, I haven't got them in the mail yet!? :ugh:

Spikey21
11th Jul 2008, 13:36
Australia Post seem to be a major part of the problem, too busy selling phones and printers rather than doing what they are supposed to.

Bendo
11th Jul 2008, 22:30
My Airservices pubs always arrive early, via Australia post.

My FLYING always arrives 3 days after leaving the USA, via Deutsche Post.

My Jepps are like everyone else's. :ugh:

Masif Eego
11th Jul 2008, 22:54
See if I got this right !!!!!

AsA sends amendments to Denver and/or Frankfurt. Jepp make their changes and post hard copies to customers.

Customer sits by waiting for amendments..........:=

Please tell me when you guys are in the air, and I'll stay on the ground....

Desert Duck
12th Jul 2008, 00:26
I understand that Jepps have implimented a new supply system ex USA.

Everybody is getting them late if at all. (Rev 13)

Ring Jepps and complain.

Dog One
12th Jul 2008, 04:31
Revision 14 arrived 1 day late. Now that its not just my postie I will send a letter of complaint.

C421Pilot
13th Jul 2008, 01:48
Yes the arrival of the ammendments is progressively getting worse, and Jep really need to look into it!

Old Akro
13th Jul 2008, 02:40
I'm pretty confident that its an Aussie Post issue. Australia Post lost 1,000 copies of an amendment earlier this year. My #13 has gone missing too. The Jepp people say that about 10 copies go missing each issue. They agree with my observation from other deleveries that something seems to have happened with Aust Post about 6 months ago and they have not been as reliable since.

It should be noted that Jepp send their amendments out closer to the due date rather than 3 months out like ASA, so they have less tolerance than ASA. Have you ever wondered exactly how old some of the ASA amendments are when they become implemented?

Finally, I've called Jepp twice now with missing amendments and the service level & response time is very impressive, which supports the premis that the problem is Aust Post.

morno
13th Jul 2008, 03:01
Jeppesen themselves have admitted it is a problem at their end. Not Australia post.

morno

Desert Duck
13th Jul 2008, 04:42
Morno

Exactly the same info I have received from Jepp

basementjaxx
13th Jul 2008, 19:49
For every revision i do receive i fail to receive the previous one. i.e. just received revision 14 but have not yet received revision 13 and this is not the first time. Had previously sent email about this to Jeppesen and they promptly couriered out the missing updates. Why dont they just courier out the revisions rather than use standard post? That way we should (technically) receive the updates on time - especially for us living in remote areas... yes yes i know, it would cost Jeppesen a fair bit to use couriers, but hey.. we pay quite a bit for the service ourselves..

BJ

:suspect: