PDA

View Full Version : So who broke it this time?

Say again s l o w l y
10th Jul 2008, 15:33
For the umpteenth time in the last few weeks this place has collapsed.

Has some hacker got annoy and is targeting Pprune or is it just incompetence that sees this place be about as reliable as something with an Austin badge?

Wasn't like this when Danny owned it.........:oh:

Saab Dastard
10th Jul 2008, 17:13
Say again s l o w l y,

Of the 2 possibilities you mention, it's not hackers. And you are right, it was never like this when Danny owned it.

SD

Say again s l o w l y
10th Jul 2008, 17:43
Well it's knackered again. Links disappearing off into the ether and very odd things happening to the front page.

May I humbly suggest that whoever is a*sing around with the code or database actually learn how to do so without screwing it all up each and every time.

Saab Dastard
10th Jul 2008, 19:07
Say again s l o w l y,

Believe me, Danny is fully aware of the issues that you refer to, and has communicated his concerns and dissatisfaction to IB - albeit somewhat less succintly!

SD

atakacs
10th Jul 2008, 19:18
Anything we can do ?

Seriously this is pretty much my day to day business - I'd glad to help.

Saab Dastard
10th Jul 2008, 19:37
atakacs, thanks for the offer.

If you encounter a problem or anomaly, please can you log the relevant information (time, date, browser, nature of problem, screenshot or text of error message etc.).

I've set up a sticky here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/computer-internet-issues-troubleshooting/334575-pprune-access-problem-reporting.html#post4235438)

If anyone else wishes to do the same that's fine by me!

Thanks

SD

frostbite
10th Jul 2008, 19:50
Adding bells & whistles is all very well, but if the structure's coming unglued.........