PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Xpress settings.

Basil
15th Feb 2000, 19:49
I'm trying to set up Outlook Express -> TescoNet -> Hotmail
Can anyone help with POP3 and SMTP settings?

spannersatcx
16th Feb 2000, 00:36
To add hotmail you need to go to file > identities > add new identity. Just follow the wizzard and at some stage you can add your hotmail account. It should be pretty straight forward. Don't know anything about Tesco would guess either in the readme file on the CD if there is one, or there should be a tel no to call and they should give you all the details.

Basil
17th Feb 2000, 02:20
Thanks, Spanners,
I've also just realised that I'll have to upgrade to IE5.01 and OE5 to get http e-mail.

Bovingdon
17th Feb 2000, 03:32
Same question, but for gatewaynet email.
I had it all setup, but lost it when I had to reset settings on the system.!!
Cheers

InFinRetirement
17th Feb 2000, 13:40
The best thing I did about two months ago was to sign up with FREENETNAME. Everything and I mean everything, is free. No charges for tech support, no charges to set up your own web site - the domain name is free and no charge to access the internet. And it's fast. BT calls are not free - yet!

Go have a look www.freenetname.co.uk (http://www.freenetname.co.uk) If you sign up, and it's really easy, the final click will put everything in the right place including Outlook Express and Internet Connections. Give it 10 minutes and click on OE and up will pop your new Dial up box, all set up.

Now another thing to save money - assuming you don't know that is. Give BT a call on Best Friends, give them your 0845 internet number as Best Friend and you get 20% off your bill on every call you make - from midnight on the day you call. Not a lotta peeple know that!

[This message has been edited by InFinRetirement (edited 17 February 2000).]

dog2heads
18th Jul 2006, 17:56
help im trying to set up my outlook express email account im with tescos how do i do it pop3 and all that can some1 tell me how 2 do it or send me to a site that dose cheers:ugh:

amanoffewwords
18th Jul 2006, 19:50
The settings are:

Email:
Incoming mail server : mail.tesco.net
Outgoing mail server : mail.tesco.net

Tools --> Accounts --> Mail tab --> Add button -. Mail + fill in the missing bits.

hth
amofw