PDA

View Full Version : MS FS9* 747-400 add on...

Turbofan
15th Feb 2000, 13:05
While doing my usual browse of the flight sims in the local computer games store, I noticed a new one on the shelf...

A 747-400 add on for MS Flight Sim ninety-something... forgot which version.

Has anyone tried this? Is it's systems (EFIS, EICAS, FMS) accuracy and realism of operation any good???

I also noticed some of you folks mentioning the 737 from FS2000. What are the systems like in that, again for realism of operation???
Sounded quite realistic from what you all were saying. Input appreciated.

Regards,

Turbofan

spannersatcx
15th Feb 2000, 15:07
Yes I have 747-400 jumbo for FS98 by Flight 1 and the Associates. Excellent, there is a patch to make it compatable with FS2000. http://www.flightsim.co.uk

Turbofan
16th Feb 2000, 15:41
OK, well...

Just to harp on the subject a little more...
- Can you program the FMS?
- Can you change from Expanded VOR to PLAN or MAP modes, etc, on the EHSI?
- Is the A/P fully functional, and flight directors, autothrottle...?

Is this asking too much of a PC sim?

InFinRetirement
17th Feb 2000, 01:05
No Turbofan it isn't. In fact there are more than one aircraft that will do all that and more.

See my post about my new site lower down. EFIS 98 can fit in to almost any aircraft and it really is like the real thing. You can change it to what you want in almost any aircraft you want. But since it is bloody good, go get the best aircraft to put it in.

You can test your best IFR skills and HOLD skills, and then impress the TC.

spannersatcx
17th Feb 2000, 01:13
1. Yes and you have sids and stars as well.
2.I think there are 6 modes, ILS compass rose, vor2 compass rose, ils arc, vor2 arc, moving map and flt plan overview. You can follow your flt plan on ND and a GPS guage. You get TOC TOD etc etc
3. Yes. Flt Dir, Auto throttles, SPD and Mach hold, LNAV VNAV etc etc.
There are a lot of features on this product, one interesting one is at around 1000' on the approach the combing and panels all drop down so you can see the runway etc. You also get lots of call outs, normally for me TOO LOW terrain etc SINK Rate, 100,50 crash.....again. There are 5 viewable screens Capts F/O's O/head, centre console (where the FMC control panel is) and centre view at EICAS. Have a look at http://www.flight1.com/747.htm if in the UK currently available around 19.99 GBP it really is very good.

Turbofan
17th Feb 2000, 04:49
Thanks for the input folks.
Seems some of these new panels/aircraft are worth getting.
Couldn't hurt using them for preparation for the sim check ride that's always part of the interview. It would also be good to consolidate what I've learnt in ATPL. Learning how it works from a book is one thing, actually using the systems, even on a PC, is another.

Does anyone know of any advances in PC flight sim ATC instructions/chatter???

clownfish
17th Feb 2000, 10:37
I dunno about MS FS for airline prep, but would, as many others have, recommend aerowinx ps-1 747-400.

Turbofan
19th Feb 2000, 02:15
Hey Clownfish,

So do you know of any sites that have more info. on this program???

And I assume it's a PC sim that has a fully functional 747-400 environment - true?

Regards,

Turbofan

Hey IFR, have you ever come across this program?

[This message has been edited by Turbofan (edited 19 February 2000).]

spannersatcx
19th Feb 2000, 11:35
The only thing I know about it is it is very expensive, I think GBP200!!

clownfish
20th Feb 2000, 09:04
Yeah thats right T-Fan, and yeah its expensive, but it doesn't require flash computers to run properly and it won't use up all the space on you're hard drive (<10mb)...check your email.

[This message has been edited by clownfish (edited 20 February 2000).]