PDA

View Full Version : PSA Tamorth July 26 RAAF Flight Screening

JoelRH
10th Jul 2008, 07:09
Hi all,

Interested in hearing from anyone undertaking the RAAF Flight Screening Program starting on the 26th July, as I am.

Hows your prep going? Looking forward to flying the CT4B? I am! Maybe we can organise a group base visit (if you are in Melbourne) to CFS East Sale.

Also, anyone who has experience in this, do you fly both the CT4B and the CAP10 or do you only fly the CAP10 in the advanced stream.

Cheers,
Joel.

dmcleod
10th Jul 2008, 08:24
Hey mate,

I completed flight screening in May. I got offered Navy but i declined and Army are doing intakes next week but ill hang out for RAAF although they are backed up severely at the moment.

In the advanced stream you do 5 flights in each. 4 training flights (with assessments) and then a check flight for each. Basics fly 7 in CT4 and only 3 in the Cap. They both total 13-14 hours flying.

Goodluck.

JoelRH
11th Jul 2008, 07:13
Hi dmcleod,

I sent you a pm after reading your post in the other forum but see you have replied to my thread here as well!

I thought of a few more questions..

How prepared were you going in, did you do a lot of study whilst there or were you pretty much solid before the start.

When you say RAAF are backed up at the moment do you mean to say there is a backlog of people waiting to get an offer, and no slots really available?

If you had been offered ARMY would have you accepted?

Any idea when the next intakes for AIRFORCE will be occuring?

hmm, Had you accepted the NAVY offer, how soon would have you started training at BFTS?

What reasons do you have for holding out for the Air Force? I think i'd be inclined to take any offer, do you think your chances are still quite high to get an Air Force offer?

Cheers,
Joel.

JoelRH
11th Jul 2008, 09:57
thanks mate, i appreciate the info, good luck in the hold pool, maybe next month ill be sitting in there too. :)

toddianatgmail
18th Jul 2008, 06:15
Interesting info. I'm going to Tamworth August 16-30, just got the word on Tuesday.

My file arrived the week before and I called up that Thursday, only to be told that "after evaluation by the RAAF and Navy recruiters your file is still uncompetitive, but we'll get back to you when psych finishes looking at it in the next two weeks". Then the following Tuesday I got called back with an offer! :}

Spending lots of time on wikipedia, and reading various books on flying. Any recommendations from you guys on good study materials? Also, did you do much flying before you went?

I've got 5 glider hours and 2 hours doing aerobatics on a Citabria.