PDA

View Full Version : Anybody using Microsoft FS2000?

reverserdeployed
14th Feb 2000, 07:20
Call me a crap amateur if you may, but I can't get the approach hold to work on the 737-400 on FS2000. I've got the ILS frequency dialled in on the NAV but when I put the autopilot on it just wanders off course. What am I doing wrong, people?
(In laymans terms, please, I talk into a microphone for a living......)

[This message has been edited by reverserdeployed (edited 14 February 2000).]

Rocket Scientist 504
14th Feb 2000, 07:44
Just had a look for you....
Make sure that GPS/NAV switch is to NAV.
You have to be in a position where you will soon enter/meet the ILS. Switch APR Hold on and watch. As the vertical axis approaches - plane will follow, same for horizontal. I think they've gone so far as to put the decision point in so make sure AP is turned off at the inner marker otherwise you will crash. (Backcourse hold doesn't work though - turns you round and flies you away - a LONG way away)
Very interesting practice setting 8/8 to the deck and see how you go.
Even more fun - try a real one. This is how I started. One minute I was clocking up hours in the lounge room - the next paying out the bucks to learn to do it for real. And for anyone calling you a crap amateur don't listen as THEY all had to start somwhere too.
Good Luck!!

------------------
I am the NightRider.

Slasher
14th Feb 2000, 07:49
Your a crap amateur ( well you DID say I could if I wanted to! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif )
This post should be in the Computer forum.
In the real 737 if the autos screw up we do something realy radical. We actualy hand fly the approach.

Turbine
14th Feb 2000, 12:21
I would have answered your post intelligently if my PIII 700 with 256 Meg RAM was capable of running the damn thing.

clownfish
14th Feb 2000, 14:47
Turbine, your system is more than able. After some teething problems, my Athlon 500 with 128 MB ram and a 32 mb TNT card runs FS2000 between 20-45 frames/sec, i.e. you can't notice the frames change it is so fast. What video card have you got?

InFinRetirement
14th Feb 2000, 17:35
It's OK being a crap amateur - were not all of us, or still, once?!

Go to Microsoft.com/Games and FS2000. You will need the new Patch - a must - If you bought PRO get that one - if you bought Standard get that one. One will NOT work in the other. This will correct the backcourse problem - though of course it should not be used, leastwise over here, double leastwise, it wasn't when I retired nearly three years ago! And it corrects many other things including the ILS problem you describe.

On Turbine's problem, bet you got a Voodoo or TNT! Anyway, invest in a Matrox G400 16, or 32mb - it's like it was made for FS. On FS98 I get frame rates of up to 90 and on FS2k I get up to 60-75.

Doors to Automatic
16th Feb 2000, 17:16
I am running on a P3 700 with 256MB RAM without any problems.

Cosmo
23rd Feb 2000, 14:48
IFR, WRT the frame rates you get with FS2000: with what scenery settings (very dense?) do you get 60 frames? The reason I ask is because I'm probably going for a Matrox Millenium G400MAX 32MB card. Also, do you use Fly! with your system. If you do what frames do you get with it?

Follow the link for Fly!:

http://www.iflytri.com/

Cosmo

------------------

"Looking for the traffic"

Island flyer
23rd Feb 2000, 16:47
Download the patches and you will be pleasently surprised! Works OK with Pentium II and 64 meg RAM however PIII and 1gig RAM with win 2000 .... WOW !!
Have fun

Doors to Automatic
24th Feb 2000, 01:58
1 GIG RAM !!! Thats some system you have there!!