PDA

View Full Version : What airlines fly for Ecuador?

BigToe
9th Jul 2008, 22:56
Anyone with info on flying for any large airline in Ecuador?

Airline name?
Do you have to be citizen?
Do they hire ex-patriates?
Type aircraft flown?
Hire direct entry Captains?
Starting pay FO and Capt?
Benefits?

Do you have to speak fluent spanish?

Thanks so much in advance?

BigToe
10th Jul 2008, 04:10
OK thanks for all the replies.

FlyingOW
10th Jul 2008, 06:02
LANECUADOR:
A320, B767
DEC yes, but mostly will recruit as FO.
2 ID100/ unlimited ID90 per year for you and immediate family if married or mum and dad if single, 4 ID90 on OneWorld partners per year.

Good or fluent spanish a must I am guessing.

Have no idea on the rest, but I think they are lowest paid of all the LAN companies (LANCHILE, LANPERU, LANARGENTINA)

Regards,

OW

skywalking
6th Aug 2008, 15:35
Any idea on who to contact in LanEcuador looking for a job?? or Icaro, AeroGal, VIP or Tame for that matter??? Can't find anything on websites about pilot recruitment....

Merkur74
19th Aug 2008, 14:50
I just spoke to the LAN Ecuador (XL) 767 CP. Airline is in need of captains mostly for both 767 and a320. Plenty of FO,s in the market. Most of the pilots are being pulled from smaller carriers like TAME, Aerogal and Icaro. I think there is a shot with those airlines for expats. LAN, however needs Ecuadorian nationals to comply with a ruling. Send resumes directly to LAN airlines (The chilean holding) they decide if they like you and which system they put you with (LAN PERU; CHILE ECUADOR CARGO,etc)
LAn Peru was at the career fair in MIA a couple weeks ago. Interviews will be held at the end of this month in MIA if you were selected during the fair.
Lan EC, lowest paid, but better working rules. /&/ Capt, takes home about $5000 US a month (including per diem and flight pay). 14 salaries per year. (1 extra in March and one in DEC)
Also, LAN Argentina only ARG citizens, Lan Ecuador only citizens until quota is met. Anybody for the other ones. Take a look at LAN Colombia. They are hiring a lot on 767 cargo ops out of Bogota.
Hope this helps,

I,m planning on interviewing with XL