PDA

View Full Version : Cannes Rwy 35 Takeoff

Treetopflyer
9th Jul 2008, 22:27
Hi all

Is there any specific NRP when taking off from rwy 35 in Cannes? I can't find any, apart from a "no right turn below 800ft (1000ft at night)", which in my airplane makes me fly right over the golf course which I'm supposed to avoid on arrival... :hmm: Any insight there?

Also on arrival, some people here mentionned that the circling with prescribed tracks (LUXUS/PIBON) is supposed to be flown clean to PIBON. That's not what my company does. Can these people tell me where I can find that restriction? (never saw it on the Jepps, nor on any of the Cat B airport briefs, nor on the Cannes Mandelieu website).

Happy landing to all (using TRs only for safety reasons, of course... :E)

Sepp
10th Jul 2008, 00:48
Here you go:

http://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/aip/enligne/uk/..%5CPDF_AIPparSSection%5CIAC%5CAD%5C2%5C0808_AD-2.LFMD.pdf

It's there in black and white on page 5

Treetopflyer
11th Jul 2008, 13:38
Ok, thanks, this answers the second part of my question. Yet with regards to departure from rwy 35 there are no instructions at all... Anybody?

CL300
11th Jul 2008, 14:06
The answer lays within PAN OPS 4, and associated procedures for omnidirectional departures.

First of All in LFMD, Runway 35 CANNOT be used for T/O at Night.
But is is MANDATORY for LANDINGS at night.

You have to remain in the protected area, at the given speed which is 160 Kts MAX, if you are using a "Noise abatment" like departure, you will not disturb the neighborhood, and yes it is likely for you to overfly the golf course.

This is why 35 is not favoured for take offs.

Next edition of Cannes Website will have some nice features imbedded in it.
If you want a IRL meeting PM me I'm usually 5 minutes away from the terminal.( Beach traffic permitting :cool:)

CAT B Airport briefs.. which ones ?

Treetopflyer
14th Jul 2008, 01:15
Thanx CL300

Callsign Viper
14th Jul 2008, 10:01
I'm pretty sure there is a departure Instructions section at the bottom of the ground plate for Rwy 35 ... (Jepps anyway 10-9)

Its basically a reverse of the circle to posn RH downwind and continue past LUXUS to intercept the same CNM radial out over the sea.

Inbound we norm stay clean til downwind where really we need to start taking some low flap settings and then get it all out when turning onto Base.

:ok: CV