PDA

View Full Version : Manchester SQ A380

HXdave
9th Jul 2008, 13:30
anyone else heard rumours that the SQ A380 is coming into manchester in August 2008. i believe it is routing LHR - MAN - SIN, and possibly just that one day.

1station
9th Jul 2008, 15:42
Airbus are doing an A380 flypast this Saturday at approx 1320 but not heard about the SQ. Only reasons I can see for them to do that is PR or to pick up a large group booking. I know Qantas have done earlier this year.

chiglet
9th Jul 2008, 16:27
Airbus are doing an A380 flypast this Saturday at approx 1320 but not heard about the SQ. Only reasons I can see for them to do that is PR or to pick up a large group booking. I know Quantas have done earlier this year.
What, with an A380? shirley shum mistake.........
watp,iktch

globee
10th Jul 2008, 08:01
According to the Wirral Globe the A380 will be doing a fly past at the Wirral Show, Wallasey at that time. It's supposed to be leaving Liverpool around 1:15-1:30. Trying to get an hour off work to see it now :)

HXdave
10th Jul 2008, 08:41
can liverpool handle the A380?

Evanelpus
10th Jul 2008, 08:43
I know Quantas have done earlier this year

Good god, you would have thought a spotter could have spelled Qantas correctly!!

HXdave
10th Jul 2008, 08:45
Superjumbo to visit Manchester Airport

An Airbus A380 superjumbo will land at Manchester Airport (http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/) for the first time on Saturday as part of a flight around the North West. The giant aircraft will perform a standard approach into the airport at 13:20 before heading to Liverpool.
The aircraft is likely to draw big crowds to the airport, with people keen to catch a glimpse of the double decker plane. Vantage points include the top levels of the Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 car parks as well as the Aviation Viewing Park, which are all likely to be busy.

typical, A380 due in to my local airport and cannot get out of work to get to the airport. would anyone know which route it will be flying in on (ok, i know it's weather dependant), but anyone any idea of the current planned route. it's just that we get quite a lot of manchester traffic coming over where i live (halifax), and second best option would be to see it flying overhead, even at a greater altitude.

if anyone can assist, would love to hear from you.

G-STAW
10th Jul 2008, 15:46
ok this is almost confirmed....

A380 WILL perform flypast at 13.20pm

THEN it WILL perform a touch and go...

btw SQ A380 visit is off....

G-STAW

point5
10th Jul 2008, 18:29
The A380 will no touch any soil in the north west. It will perform a missed approach at both Manchester (1.20pm) and Liverpool (1.30pm) before heading to the Wirral Show for a 10min display.

Ta.

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
18th Jul 2008, 15:40
I had my weekly look at the electric version of the Hometown Rag yesterday; Duck! - News - Stockport Express (http://www.stockportexpress.co.uk/news/s/1058369_duck)

THE largest passenger plane in the world loomed enormous over shops in Heald Green during a flying visit to Stockport on Saturday.
The gigantic Airbus A380 swooped towards the runway at Manchester Airport ... and then kept on going.
Hundreds of planespotters had crammed onto the viewing areas and car parks for a fleeting first glimpse of the 555-seat ‘super-jumbo'.
The plane, which has a wingspan nearly as wide as a football pitch, approached over Stockport and flew past the air traffic control tower. It levelled out about 50ft above the runway as if coming into land - and then climbed away, tilting its wings in a quarter roll and banking through the clouds towards Liverpool to cheers from spectators.

http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/952.$plit/C_71_article_1058369_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg? 16%2F07%2F2008%2008%3A45%3A26%3A873

Journalism at it's best!

I believe it may have "visited" Cheadle as well.

chiglet
18th Jul 2008, 15:50
tilting its wings in a quarter roll and banking through the clouds towards Liverpool

So, it wan't that hungry, only a 90degree bank :ugh::mad:
watp,iktch