PDA

View Full Version : Qr Restrictions

CEO PITA
9th Jul 2008, 12:41
Help me list all restrictions in QR plz . There are a lot so i need youre help:

serving meals on ground not alowed in Doha

IcarusRising
9th Jul 2008, 12:53
and nowhere else is this allowed too, when preparing for a flight.

Lulu qatar
9th Jul 2008, 13:05
Well seams to me you are not Icarus if you need more then 20 min to prepare cockpit and in QR we are in aircraft 50min-1h before departure in cockpit so why the hell i wouldnt eat if am done in 20 min and am waiting for Pax ??

2. Orange juce not alowed to serve cockpit crew
3.dates not alowed
4.Laban not alowed
5.walk around without hat not alowed

salamalikum2
9th Jul 2008, 13:38
6. Cabin crew not allowed to take a taxi while in uniform.
7. C.C. not allowed to use mobile while in uniform
8. C.C not allowed to remove their hat in the crew bus,or shuttle bus from airport to hotel unless curtain are closed and with the autorisation of the Cpt!!(i guess it's to protect themself, if something happens they will blame the cpt..of course...):ugh::ugh:
9. CC not allowed to read anything else than their manual or the Oryx magazine while on airport Standby Duty at the dispatch crew"lounge"(that's the best one!!)
as well as on board the A/C.
10. curfew as well for C.C.: not allowed to go out ot to return to your accomodation after a certain time.

oops.. i'm getting tired..please ladies and gents continue..:)

IcarusRising
9th Jul 2008, 13:38
In my airline, I am paid well enough to purchase such items and don't need to bitch about not getting them at work, as that would be in poor taste and considered cheap. I would normally be concerned about the major benefits and company obligations that our union contract stipulates. I would like to think that professional pilots show more class.

CEO PITA
9th Jul 2008, 13:44
Talking about major benifits ??? wrong airline QR sorry there are no souch things over here.
But we have termination department if you need it on 3th floor next to Imigration .

B787J
9th Jul 2008, 17:35
Guys all i see is a bunch of sorry ass :mad: ... get the heck out of Qataria :mad:

skya320
9th Jul 2008, 18:22
10. Not after 10 p.m. Also can't spend a night somewhere else even on your day off

Smirnoff N21
9th Jul 2008, 21:57
The most important one don't ever lay your hands on imported concubines from all over the world. They are truly pretty I must say.
Sorry Boss!!!:ok: This one can be taken personally by all means!!!:ok:

P.S. Silicon valley can be a very sweet place to stay and extremely hard to find the way out.

Black Stain
9th Jul 2008, 22:44
Icarus; just amazing how someone sitting in a far far away civilized country whom knows absolutely nothing about goats and dust has such strong opinions about what is real and imagined at Goat Airways. My question is, who are you trying to convince?? Yourself I believe.

I have noticed the following fact: Every single time an airline from Far Far Away suffers death wobbles, pilots from that country get on this website and say The Goat is definitely not as bad as those buried up to their necks sand keep saying.

Americans and Italians this week...

I think some of that wax is in your ears and over your eyes. The Goat will be good for you Icarus, but be sure the wax will melt in Doha and your feathers will fall out.

arcticflyer
9th Jul 2008, 23:12
I tend to agree with Icarus on this one. I worked for two major Asian airlines and they both expected complete compliance with their in house rules. Most of the pilots working there operated according to those rules and had no problems. The ones that didn't, lost out on a good job. I know one of them and he now flies some big shot around, part of his job description is personally making sure the toilets are clean and bags are stacked neatly on the biz jet he now flies as commander !

Black Stain
10th Jul 2008, 07:20
Whilst working in asia did you have to ask permission to marry any foreigner of your choice Arctic?? Add that to your list Pita.

I am sure you do agree with Icarus because neither you or him know what you are talking about. Only those who have actually lived in Qatar could know what that ****hole is really like.

P.Clostermann
10th Jul 2008, 07:44
Gents,

its about time you start forgetting about banal things such as laban and dades!

In all honesty, I have been treated extremely well by our cabin crew and I have never eaten so much dades, caviar, foie gras, ...in my entire life!
It all comes down to one magic trick: treat the CCM the way you yourself want to be treated and you will be pampered throughout the flight!
OK, once in a while there is the standard issue bi&$% on board who will try to push the limits. As long as you recognize it its fine...let them live in their pathetic little world of fake beliefs and get on with it...tomorrow there is another flight!

Focus on the things that matter:

1) restrictions in private life!

2) Abuse of workforce (personal that is, just ask around what happens on the QR promo tours!)

3) Flying illegally and against chapter 7

4) Promises which are never kept (remember: Profit sharing, pension fund,...)

5) ...

Those are things that matter. By always reverting back to orange juice and laban you are making fools of yourself!

Black Stain
11th Jul 2008, 05:56
No-one cares about dates and labaan Colonostomymann, that's the whole point. The Catamite is a mental paradox; he is petty, on the other hand he is neurotic, the next day megalomaniac. An efficient office is one where staff scatter like mice when the cat enters. A team is a group of morons that all scream "yes sir" together.

More restrictions for the list:

1. Pilots are not to consume meals in the flight deck during passenger boarding. Why, because the catamite insists that it is dangerous. Turnaround is often the only time to eat something on an A320 duty.

2. Refer to the dish dash as a dress. A captain was sacked for this, even though he was misquoted and misunderstood by the qatari FO that reported him.

3. Do not be recognized by the catamite wearing shorts in the airport terminal on your day off. This is worth a warning letter.

4. Do not grow a patch of bum fluff below your bottom lip where the girls like it. Not allowed.

5. The Captain has ultimate authority for the safety of the flight right? If because of a serious CRM or Technical reason a captain relieves an incompetent CM/CSD of her duties the captain will be suspended without interview. This has happened twice. On both occasions the pilots suspended, were eventually found without fault and reinstated.

6. Do not be caught masticating in daylight outside the flightdeck or your villa during ramadan.

7. Don't ever offer to give a flight attendant a lift home, even if she is your wife's best friend.

8. Don't expect to get on a Goat flight even if you do have a ticket and they have seats. After Hyderabad overnight: economy fully booked, my wife is denied the economy cabin jump seat by check-in staff, my wife was refused business class even though she had a business ticket and was dressed
appropriately. Why??? No good reason, the staff at Hyderabad are assholes. Remember too that Hyderabad is the Catamite's home town.

9. If you are sick prior to days off, do not expect to keep the days off. Rostering can change your sick days to OFF and make your upcoming OFF days STBY. But on the flip side, if you scream "I'm going to have your head on a stick" to rostering staff you will probably get a free coffee and Oreo with the Chief Pilot. But again, on a day OFF.

10. Do not ask for a copy of your SIM Check Report. They know you want it for your resume. I have a nasty letter from The Goat explaining why Check Reports are their property. I put that in my resume instead.

11. Forget ever seeing your personal file.

12. Do not sit down in public with your hat off. Unless you are drinking a coffee. I believe this rule also applies to tea and hot chocolate, but not sure. Quite sure that it does include soft drinks. Best to either not sit down or wear hat everywhere including bed.

13. Now you are not allowed to punch your Chief Pilot. But on the other hand you can punch a subordinate at The Goat if you feel he/she needs it (Sharia Law). A Qatari captain thumped a dispatcher, his punishment just a brief demotion.

What a lovely place to work......

OrryFace
11th Jul 2008, 06:31
..and for those poor office chaps detained in the Tower:
1. 0700-1530 minimum work hours with no official breaks allowed
2. Except CC no access to canteen, only kitchen areas with no seats
3. No leaving building without permission
4. annual pay rise (below inflation), every three years
5. benefits taken away from some grades (reduced vacation, downgrade cabin entitlement, temporary housing allowance)
6. No marriage for females without CEO permission. Requestees may be terminated
7. termination without cause given
8. survelliance cameras in corridors and lifts:uhoh:
9. etc etc

salamalikum2
11th Jul 2008, 07:07
Black stain:

Regarding nr 10:sim check report:
Your are partialy correct ....
I have to admit most of the competent and honest instructor will agree to make a copy straight after the sim check and handle to you without any story.
BUt YES there are some BIG AS..... who will refuse it!!
Personnaly i always asked for, as the past has showed that once in the office your sim check report might be "corrected" by some F:mad: people sitting in office for who honesty has never been part of their education!!
Welcome to Q.R.

Black Stain
11th Jul 2008, 10:23
Salamalikum,

I was refused 4 times.... policy. It must be very difficult to save face when the chief pilot from another airline calls your office querying the absence of a candidate's records.

Everyone knows that The Goat is a sick airline. Imagine how difficult it will be for current Goat Airways managers to find employment with a respectable airline in the future.

Do they even think that far ahead?

notanotherhilton
11th Jul 2008, 14:52
Wow, there are some seriously depressed people in Doha these days. I spent a few years at QR, drank as much beer as I liked, met some beautiful girls from all over the world, one whom I married and never felt any intrusion in my private life. The culture there dictated I had to be more discreet about some things but that was fine by me, you are in another country after all.

I found there was a lot of rules at QR, but most of them were simple things and easy to comply with. Thankfully I dont have a compulsion to drink orange juice every time I board an aircraft, usually I had a nice diet coke with ice and lemon served to me by the mostly polite and hardworking cabin crew. As in every airline you play the game you'll be ok.

Training and technically QR is on a par with the major carrier I moved on to, I flew with one as%hole training captain a few times but they have those at every airline.

Arabic culture, the weather, living in a/c, etc...will not be for everybody, but I can honestly say I found the locals polite, easygoing and mutually respectful 90% of the time and enjoyed my time there. I still have friends there who are happy living and working there.

Qatari515
11th Jul 2008, 17:12
Black stain,

lighten up man! You are so frustrated its not funny anymore.

All your points I can prove wrong, but I just dont have the courage!

You want to rant, go ahead! Vent those frustrations! But please stick to the truth.

Your point nr 10 for example is wrong: I have copies of all my sim reports in this airline! I know even some guys who where allowed to copy all training reports from the last 6 years because the CAA back home needed it!

So please, stop lying! Maybe you should learn how to ask things around here. As I have noticed, that means a world of difference!

P.Clostermann
11th Jul 2008, 17:21
Black Stain,

Is reading a name that difficult?
:suspect:

notanotherhilton
11th Jul 2008, 17:31
Agree with Qatari 515. After I left I needed to provide extra records to my new employer. There was no problem getting them from QR. They also give me a standard leaving letter with dates of employment and wished me well.

Smirnoff N21
11th Jul 2008, 21:02
Same for me as well. I got all my records authenticated in full details. That wasn't a problem at all, indeed thanks a lot to the secretary for that hustle. However one thing is true we're not allowed to access personal file in HR. Whatever the reason might be. There's a verbal instruction. Another thing beyond any imagination is the procedure of signing the legal clearance. Dear Sirs, just to let you know, you are committing a criminal offence 'extortion' by depriving a person of personal property like Passport and freedom to move with it. Making someone sign a form under duress, threatening not hand out the passports and the paycheck makes the document being void and the accountable manager is personally liable for that. vicarious liability must ring a bell for sure. Won't be that easy to sack higher ranking HR folks. One thing is for sure in the civilized world no one of the accountable managers would last even a day.
Don't take it personally take it on the rocks!!!:ok:

CEO PITA
11th Jul 2008, 22:51
I see you guyz which left QR you where so happy that you decided to resign and leave QR ? ha ha
Official you are not alowed to have SIm check report but if you have friend in office it works .
Qatari Licence is taken from you when you resign becous eyou could use it to get a job . I was thinking that licence is mine but i guess i was wrong . Becouse ACN say thet renewal of licence is pilot resposibillity but when you resign they take damn licece from you .

Nothanotherhilton when you married did she need a cleareance from CEO to get married for you ? Could you bring her as wife on sponsorhip visa ? becouse we all know few Capt and F/Os had to resigen or beeing terminated becouse that basic human rights where not granted .

Lulu qatar
12th Jul 2008, 00:06
Its NOT alowed to carry EXTRA fuel but its alowed to land below legal minimum fuel in Doha .
Its not alowed to add speed on Vapp becouse its deangorous but its alowed to have hard landings .
2nd officiers can start on A330 and take place of those experianced on A320 and 300

It was not a case with previous C Tech . H.B . He was strict but he knew what is he talking about unlike new one which let people get along with declearnig PAN PAN for fuel in USA and M.E and doing hard landings as long as its save money .

Black Stain
12th Jul 2008, 01:24
QTR515,

Truth? All events I listed actually occurred at The Goat under the reign of the current chief, a few occurred before your arrival. Ask around. For item 10 to which you refer I have in my resume the nasty letter on company letterhead signed by the then A320 Chief Pilot Training.

Here is another one I remember:

14. Even if the catamite says during a welcome speech "if you ever have a problem, the door to my office is always open", do not enter to make a complaint. A new FA saw his door open and walked straight in to complain about accommodation. She was fired that day. She miss-understood the invitation. What he meant was, if you have information about wrong-doing staff, my door is always open to hear your story.

And of course....

15. Staff not allowed to ridicule the company on any media forum, including this website. Many threads have been withdrawn/gagged after threatened legal action.

I am not frustrated 515, but now free to kick that ugly airline in the nuts as hard as I like. Truthful free speech is a powerful tool and fun pastime.

Cheers.....

bicha
12th Jul 2008, 05:32
hi guys, what about taking back the qatari license if you resign from qr. I heard even that qcaa would cancel it.:sad:

notanotherhilton
12th Jul 2008, 08:04
Blackstain...I worked in Qatar Airways when incident number 2 you quote occured. I know the Captain involved (NA), I know what happened. What you've written is complete BS.

CEO Pita....We left before we got married, it was never our intention to stay. We always wanted to raise our kids around their extended families nearer to home, I pay 41% of everything I earn for the privelege and put back a command for the next 10 years but hey somethings in life are more important than money and status. Perhaps people should prioritise what they want out of life before moving to a different part of the world.

Qatari515
12th Jul 2008, 09:12
Well, I have been here a mighty long time, unfortunately one might say, so I doubt it if these things would have happened before I was here!

I dont know how the CP A320 does his job. Most of the guys I know who resigned from the A330 where treated with respect and dignity by the CP's. Very professional. The **** only started hitting the fan when you have to start the bloody release process which is, as once more pointed out correctly by N21, totally illegal and against any law.

Remember: They will try to make you hand over your license in the office. DO NOT DO THIS. Ask the QCAA and they will officially deny that this is being done on their demand. They will cancel your license as soon as the date of your last LPC expires but hopefully by then you should have used this license to have started flying somewhere else!

Another thing which lots of people do: Loose your license and company ID card right before you resign, get new ones and then resign! works every time!

Regarding the BIG MAN himself. I have personally witnessed him helping out several colleagues of ours after they MADE AN APPOINTMENT and went to talk to him. I dont agree on his way of doing things most of the time but this is one thing you have to hand the guy. So what, he enjoys us begging for his help, which is despicable, but at least he does something afterwards!

In any airline around the world my friend, it is written that no employee can make any statements about the company, in no matter what way. This includes forums like this one. The only time they can come after you is when you mention someone's name in person.
So dont do this!
I have over 250 posts on this forum, many of them of a sensitive nature. Ones I got a memo from the Mod's saying that I had to remove a name from a post. I did that, never heard anything since.

So yes, they are monitoring these threads because these forums can and will do a lot of damage to the airline and for sure the powers do not like it. WATODOO!

Smirnoff N21
12th Jul 2008, 09:15
ONCE AGAIN LICENSE IS YOURS It's your property unless revoked by authorities Company has got no legal rights to retain it. I kept mine anyways. QCAA license is worthless cause issued based on the foreign one thus no authority will ever accept it for validation or other purposes. That's why there's a remark about how it's issued.
RECORDS ARE YOUR PROPERTY AND MUST BE FULLY ACCESSIBLE AT ANY TIME THAT INCLUDES HR FILES. All very clearly written in QCAR OPS1
Claim what's your and you shall get it.

notanotherhilton
12th Jul 2008, 09:18
I still have my QCAA licence. It was worthless when I left for the very reasons Smirnoff N21 stated.

Two Dogs....
12th Jul 2008, 11:01
I remember #2, British instructor, local student, "if you dont change your attitude you can go upstairs and av a chat to the guy dressed like you". The student did go upstairs and said so and so says I wear a dress like you. Or words close to that effect.

Notanotherhilton, how can you know the guy involved in an event that didnt happen?

notanotherhilton
12th Jul 2008, 11:31
I helped the guy who I was friendly with at the time and his wife with their hasty exit. I know what was said in the classroom, I know what was said in his meeting with the CEO.

My time at QR was spent flying to interesting destinations, on nice equipment with mostly great people from all over the world. It had its bad days, mostly listening to $10000+ a month people whinging about caps, nuts and orange juice. The colleagues I had, who were positive and got on with it and are still at QR are mostly Captains now, some of them in training.

The Arabs in my experiance were usually wary of Westerners but I discovered it was a defensive thing. When I offered them my friendship and respect it was returned 99% of the time. In fact 2 Qatari's drove me around Doha on their own time and expense to help me find accomodation when I first arrived, I keep in touch with them to this day.

If you go there with the attitude that company housing is only fit for Indians, Asians and South Americans etc..well, it will be over for you before its even begun....but you what you'll miss out on some wonderful adventures ;)

Anyway I'm off for a round of Golf now...enough of the depression network for today....

Smirnoff N21
12th Jul 2008, 13:06
C.P why don't you air the real rumor? What about the new rule 5 years in the company till eligible for command? Someone was asking for course of actions. Here is at least one:
drop at the labour department at the C ring road and let them authentificate your piece of paper whatever it might be. Contract or offer of employment. Hukoomi - Certificates and Contracts Authentication (http://portal.www.gov.qa/wps/portal/!ut/p/c1/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gjAwsDA39311CvIENXAyMfC18_S39j QwMDA_1wkA4kFcbenqYGRqYePgGBLkZGIBVgeQMcwNFA388jPzdVP1I_yhy3 Pcb6kTmp6YnJlfoF2dlpzumKigD3zV_u/dl2/d1/L0lJSklna2shL0lCakFBTXlBQkVSQ0lBISEvWUZOQTFOSTUwLXchLzdfMjA4 MDBPR0VVSlIxRTAyTDhNTjlPMzEwMDM!/?WCM_PORTLET=PC_7_20800OGEUJR1E02L8MN9O31003_WCM&WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=/wps/wcm/connect/cnt/en/1_home/14_ministries_and_authorities/mlsa_en/mlsa_d05_en/mlsa_d05_s14_en/mlsa_certificates_and_contracts_authentication)

Londonlads
12th Jul 2008, 13:31
Bless you, guys. No orange juice or dates! Life is surely hard. Drink water instead as most of the pilots at BA do!

P.Clostermann
12th Jul 2008, 17:46
Well well,

The Nigels are throwing their cheeseboards again at us, poor fellas in the sandpit!

I just hope your remark was meant to be sceptical, and not just plain pathetical!

zigzag737NG
12th Jul 2008, 18:29
As per a new memo,O J is uplifted in a bottle stamped Flight deck on it.this is never offered by the crew as they think of it as favor by giving u O J!!To my surprise it was discovered by chance on a morning flight.On certain flights they uplift energizer for flight deck!!amen!!love the change of heart!!

CEO PITA
12th Jul 2008, 21:38
Yea right so naw you are in EU if QR was so nice you would stay for god .
Dont give me that ( i left for kids ) Doha is more safe then EU ...
And yea i agree with you Arabs are cool nice and frendly the only problem is that "litle small man " is not Arabic he is from Hayderabad mate .

Two Dogs....
12th Jul 2008, 22:27
I helped the guy who I was friendly with at the time and his wife with their hasty exit. I know what was said in the classroom, I know what was said in his meeting with the CEO.

So yes it's true then Notanotherhilton, yes, no, yes, finally you make up your mind. I remember the guy lost a lot of money selling his car in a rush. An old story, but a big story. There has never been any job security at Goat Airways, staff have been sacked, or given warning letters for the most trivial issues that in the normal world would be corrected by just asking please dont do that again.

............................................................ .........................................

How many airlines actually have a written Warning Letter Policy anyway?? What is it, 3 Warning Letters bye bye. Five Caution Letters = One Warning Letter. Each Letter valid 6 months. Lucky accountants are cheap enough in Doha to keep track of who is coming up for termination.

notanotherhilton
13th Jul 2008, 08:55
Funny that my 3 buddies who have upto 6 years service at QR and all got commands in the last 2 years didnt have problems with warning letters or terminations, all Europeans with options, all happy where they are. When I left my fleet chief sat me down and wanted to know my reasons for leaving and wished me well.

CEO, you sound like a lovely guy, TELLING me where I should raise my family.

Two Dogs, perhaps you should read my post again instead of putting words in my mouth.

Hell hath no fury like a Pilot with an axe to grind I suppose.

Black Stain
13th Jul 2008, 13:30
QTR515 and Notanotherhilton have accused lies. Several of the 13 events I recalled above were personal experience, some were told to me directly by the individuals involved, only 3 from third parties. To my knowlege all are true.

On OPC/LPC records issue there is no argument. Attaching the file here is not possible, PM for a copy, or 515 can have his secretary did out Goat Memorandum KC/08/05 KMC on 09AUG05 from Deputy Chief Pilot Training A320.

Goat policy is as inconsistant as it is irrational. Next time you make copies of your LPC/OPC, or take a day sick leave before days off, or try to get your wife a jumpseat out of HYD etc, etc.... remember the others that have gone before and done the headbutting for you.

Dont value history? Why dig up old problems now resolved?

Point: Tomorrow, next month, next year, you will see more of the same idiotic rules endorsed by the same management. And for some poor buggers it will cause great irritation, frustration and possibly financial pain. Yes there are plenty of pilots with an axe to grind, and I still have plenty of stories to tell.

As for no knowlege of any events I can only assume that QTR515 spends too much time in the office to hear of them.

Londonlads
13th Jul 2008, 14:59
Job security at QR? Not in a million! They have lost so many crew because of their pride and ignorance. Give it a few more years and they will be poorly struggling to crew their aircraft and maintain their five star service!

Lulu qatar
13th Jul 2008, 21:55
They didnt lost .
They terminated them or people jumpsheap . Only few resign .

Tintin
13th Jul 2008, 22:23
Lulu are you a pita's relative??

Lulu qatar
14th Jul 2008, 01:04
tintin am not realtive of Pita bred . Its just he is right sometimes .

CEO PITA
24th Jul 2008, 03:13
another restriction come :
If you writte somthing negative about QA on PPRUNE it will be erased or locked .
check erased threads on PPRUNE

sayap-patah
29th Jul 2008, 12:32
:D for Blackk stain and CEO PITA.... , keep it up guys we know that your information are correct, for QTR515 and notanotherhilton fell sorry to you guys, no body back you up, or maybe because we know who you are..
SIM Check Form ?? well i have to wait until V#*' leave the office to get her tea , than i copy my sim check form...( crime?? who cares )

Qatari515
29th Jul 2008, 18:18
Is that so.....heheheheh

Ill ask my secretary to print out a memo to all of you, disclosing who I am! Is that ok?:hmm:

QR is not perfect by far, but telling lies on forums like this does not help at all!

And if ever you would find out my true identity, I will prove to you that I personally have all my check forms!

I guess there are two types of people here. People who are frustrated, angry and upset with everything and everybody. Lets call them the ones with brown stains in their pants!

And then you have the guys who see things are wrong, but try to do something about it. The first step would be to be nice to everybody. You would be amazed how helpfull a nice word to a secretary can be!:E

Black Stain
30th Jul 2008, 01:02
So being negative is not doing something about the problem 515? The gloom is unhelpful eh? Depends on what your objective is I guess. Sure, the scribbling of many on this forum is unfocused whining, but even that is helpful to my purpose. Black Stain is a selected methodology, not a pseudonym.

By the way, did you dig out the letter from the A320 CPT that I referred you? Whether you have your records is not the point. Many pilots do not, and that is a fact.

Cheers.

(Was that nice enough?)

Smirnoff N21
30th Jul 2008, 17:18
bitching and exercising constructive criticism are two different pairs of shoes. That's what makes the big difference between a pro and a amateur. The same principle applies to flying job. I'm sure everybody had that experience where it's much more pleasant to have a constructive pro conducting your check ride rather than a nagging wannabe tapping in the dark and sliding onto a level of personal abuse. Conclusion: stay focused on the issue don't get personal. One thing is for sure truth must be revealed without offensive attacks. I agree with 515 be reasonably nice to everybody or just comply with elementary behavior rules as human being and many doors will open.

notanotherhilton
30th Jul 2008, 17:46
bitching and exercising constructive criticism are two different pairs of shoes. That's what makes the big difference between a pro and a amateur. The same principle applies to flying job. I'm sure everybody had that experience where it's much more pleasant to have a constructive pro conducting your check ride rather than a nagging wannabe tapping in the dark and sliding onto a level of personal abuse. Conclusion: stay focused on the issue don't get personal. One thing is for sure truth must be revealed without offensive attacks. I agree with 515 be reasonably nice to everybody or just comply with elementary behavior rules as human being and many doors will open.

Good post :ok:

QTRminator
30th Jul 2008, 18:30
So we can agree on something...:ok:...nice...

Black Stain
31st Jul 2008, 03:32
So you guys are trying to make The Goat a better place? That's funny. Others use prune to vent a bit of steam.

My sole objective has always been to load the dice. For dice loading anything negative is useful, so long as it is truthful, which I have been. Recent personal bating and agitating is also an effective tool, the icing on a cake now complete.

Is a difficult time for aircrew, hundreds seeking expatriate work. After inspecting the busy and cheerful recruitment threads of the The Goat's immediate competitors it would seem that most pilots have put Goat Airways last. Congratulations to all concerned. Special thanks to Lulu, CEO, Smirnoff and Closterman. Nothing much to do now but sit back and watch....

1. Goat Airways gets to eat recruitment left-overs. Not much chance of finding diamonds after a dozen competent prospectors have already carefully sifted the gravel.

2. Goat recruitment filters are inadequate and the new system in development is too little too late (Goat will probably twist the psych test just to weed out pilots likely to use this website).

3. The Goat training system sets a high standard but in the end must live with a lower standard.

4. The last slice of Goats Cheese now has more holes than competitors. Every flight is a roll of that loaded dice.... inshallah!!!

This is a campaign for which management has no defense. Surrender now, be nice to future staff, rebuild a different airline:O

No_BS
31st Jul 2008, 05:57
Rolling loaded dice always comes up 2,3 or 12! Based on the old game of Hazard, it is a fitting result for us here at QR… “Craps”. Our line bets are lost but like a gambling addict we stay in the game, thinking we can win until we are broke :ugh:. We look for others to blame but at the end of the day we can only look in the mirror at the person that is whom to blame.:uhoh:

Smirnoff N21
31st Jul 2008, 06:29
So you guys are trying to make The Goat a better place? That's funny the answer is NO cause it's simply unrealistic firstly and secondly I'm out of there. For that to achieve a complete management change to a Western standard is necessary. Not gonna happen. However a secretary or a driver or anyone working in QR for that matter has got nothing to do with scrupulous business tactics used by it's top management.
2. Goat recruitment filters are inadequate and the new system in development is too little too late (Goat will probably twist the psych test just to weed out pilots likely to use this website).
100% true nothing to be added.
3. The Goat training system sets a high standard but in the end must live with a lower standard on the Cpt side to be added.
This is a campaign for which management has no defense. Surrender now, be nice to future staff, rebuild a different airline:O Today 00:30 Not as long as certain individuals pursue their personal goals or serve dubois interests.
In the end be nice but conclusive and if it doesn't suit you kiss it good bye. It couldn't be ever simpler.

Lulu qatar
31st Jul 2008, 19:15
A.j and L.M are leaving QR . A.S also left . I gues we are left with all ( made in UK ) now we will see the show when Uk guys show how to stick it in pilots a....
Trouble days are on the way . New rostering ,new pay cut,new restrictions ,promotion based on UK senority .
dear upper management " take youre UK guys back and send us oure old qataris and others back in office " coz i can already feel the pain in th a...

notanotherhilton
1st Aug 2008, 07:20
New fairer rostering system....still complaining :*
1600 Riyals more this week.....still complaining :*
New Western European management.....still complaining :*

Deary, deary me.

foxtrot
1st Aug 2008, 13:31
Is There Any One From The Old Management Left Or All Are Gone ? Whats Going To Happen ?

CEO PITA
1st Aug 2008, 15:01
Fairer roster ! Dont think so .
1600 QR more ? joke 1600 qr is 285 euros and in last 2 y we lost with $ exchange rate and 15 % inflation rate 2000 euros so you got only 10 % of what you lost back .Only person with empty brain can be happy .
Western management ? Its not western its BRITISH nothing to do with good or quality its all about skin .

P.Clostermann
2nd Aug 2008, 06:28
Have to agree on that British management remark that was made here.

CPT came in with good references and the correct attitude. Headhunted by the CEO and his so called advisor S.V. However, he has been here almost 6 months and nothing changed. The only communication we received was an ACN saying that no food or drinks are available in the sim centre!

SVPO came in on true stealth mode. Never heard from him officially, never even seen him! His references are a lot less glamorous and the feedback I am getting from him directly from the Nigels is appalling to say the least! He has not done anything since he joined, except blocking our salary increase! Apparently he is a good friend of S.V as well!

The other "westerners" hired (rostering manager, OCC,...) seem to be good and professional people, however still without any results...

It makes me wonder why ever they fired D.F. 7 years ago, he was doing a good job and if they wanted to work with expats in management anyway, why not keep them in the first place?

I have a feeling this has been a rash decision which can end badly, and I know for a fact the Qatari ex-management is watching from the sideline with a big grin on their faces!

Maybe the era of H.A.B. and H.A.A.was not such a bad thing after all!

Smirnoff N21
2nd Aug 2008, 10:20
means in clear text "Don't promisse anything you can't keep" An ultimate inovation in QR never seen before. All the others have been talking a lot without anything happening or only happening what the CEO wanted to happen. The reason being is just to secure the butt in the seat, not because they care so much about you. New guys from the very little experience I had didn't promisse anything so it's a good start already. Give them a chance. Remember one thing though, nothing and no one will ever change anything unless CEO wants it. However at least with the Brits, Aussies on power you'll have pros doing te job so one won't have to struggle with that part any more. Money or other benefits, well, good luck.

-9capt
3rd Aug 2008, 05:49
No Orange Juice on the Flight Deck?

What's the reason for that?

P.Clostermann
3rd Aug 2008, 08:53
Long story and not even worth mentioning it!

Treat your cabin crew nicely and you will get so much OJ that you wont be able to swallow it anymore!

Treat them badly and all you will see is a bottle of Rayan water!

Easy and straightforward system, isnt it?

shortfuel
3rd Aug 2008, 20:43
Thank you guys, EY looks like Heaven to me now compared to QR...
Come over! We have cubic meters of fresh orange juice (or carrot juice, no discrimination)!
More seriously, I just feel sorry for your work environment! Even if 50% is true, it's terrible :eek:.

P.Clostermann
4th Aug 2008, 15:40
C'mon...

From what I have heared EY is not better!

OK, you live in the UAE but thats about the only difference!

Hogan and his heroes are acting in the same way as our beloved leader, planning is **** and rosters are worse!

Company housing is a joke and training dept is a mess!

At least QR is a bit more ahead and pays better!

QR or EY....same **** different country!

Only company that truly sticks out might be EK, all the rest are exactly the same!

Two Dogs....
5th Aug 2008, 02:51
More importantly how many pilots have resigned from Goat to work with Ethihad? Many I think?

How many have left Etihad for Goat? Zero I think?

Has a single pilot gone to Etihad and then returned to the Goat? No I think?

Has a single pilot that left Goat for Etihad complained bitterly on this forum? No I think? But now is the time time to speak up if Closterman is right?

One pilot did quit Goat, went to AA, Kuwait and Jordan, then back to Goat. Serious anger management issues.... Now what does all that say about Goat?

Let's check and see:

Anyone want to come back to Goat??

qatarpilot123
5th Aug 2008, 04:01
Two Dogs.....

Well said!

I don't know of anyone who has come from EY or EK. Many have left QR for EY/EK and many more are planning (so they say) to leave. Nobody returns or complains after leaving here, which means that quality of life, working environment and/or money are better.

NoJoke
5th Aug 2008, 06:32
QR does not pay more than EY. The hourly flight pay is higher in QR, but the starting basic pay is 35,000 in EY compared to around 26,000 in QR. General benefits and bonus are higher in EY. The package comes out slightly better at EY but not worth moving for, having said that, depending on the impact of oil prices (freeing up pilots from other sources) the wages in the Gulf should increase substantially. I think at the moment the majors here operate a Cartel that is keeping the wages down, but it only takes one .......... It would be nice if QR became the leader.

747-crew
5th Aug 2008, 19:26
well i have been invited for an open day assesment in manchester uk this weekend for cabin crew.
any advice on the interview please. help

OrryFace
5th Aug 2008, 19:39
Are you a 23 year old Chinese girl trying to escape your village to make a new life, regardless of being treated like a 5 year old? If yes, come on down. Otherwise, well you get the message......

9.G
5th Aug 2008, 21:36
You can come to the roadshow but you need the doc to amputate your brain and flatten the butt. As OrryFace rightly told you QAR needs brainless devot servants not the pros in the cabin. You'll quit after 6 months or right away as many others before you. Stir clear of QAR.

747-crew
5th Aug 2008, 22:26
thats scray actually am from the UK and have worked for 2 uk airlines before, i am a guy people were saying qr only recruit females is that true.

loc22550
6th Aug 2008, 07:05
747 crew:
Don't think so:
Indeed Q.R. is mainly recruiting female C.C.(ladies& gays...), but if you are a(real) male sure there will be job for you as well...:)

By the way if you desperatly need a job ONLY for money and "quality of live" is not a major factor for you:join QR.

Otherwise try EK .

Cheers.

Terri Wrist
6th Aug 2008, 07:38
Let's do test 747-crew to see if you are suitable, I'll ask questions, yes?

Imagine sit in front of frail bald catamite in wedding dress:
1. Are you afraid? Y/N
2. Do you make small joke about dress? Y/N
3. He ask if you are loyal to master? Y/N
4. Cabin crew R like Bee. Some crew exist only to work? Y/N
5. Do you want to be Worker Bee? Y/N
6. Do you want to be Bossy Bee? Y/N
7. Will you report to him all evil you see? Y/N
8. Pilot is just greedy taxi-boy? Y/N
9. Do you hate all asshole pilot? Y/N
10. Does your gratitude have limit? Y/N

Quick reply I will and good luck :ok:

chainsaw
6th Aug 2008, 22:02
Good one Terri Wrist!

Your description of 'you-know-who' as a:

...frail bald catamite in wedding dress...

PRICELESS! :}

Londonlads
7th Aug 2008, 07:34
Amusing!

QR is hitting the road and recruiting for cabin crew in both America, Canada and again in England. How long do you think the Americans and Canucks will last and actually put up with in QR? Zip! We know how the Brits and other Western crew have responded to their mental maltreatment. Should be interesting to see. Very, very, very interesting.

chainsaw
7th Aug 2008, 10:21
Once upon a time, Two Dogs rear-ended a car on his way to work. So, there 2Ds was, stopped on the side of the ring road, and the other driver got slowly out of his car.

2D couldn't believe his (very bad) luck.... the other driver was none other than the poisened DWARF (a.k.a 'Wacky Acky')!!!

The poisened DWARF stormed over to 2D's car and shouted, 'I'M NOT HAPPY!!!'

2D couldn't help himself and shouted back 'Well, if you aren't HAPPY, which bloody one are you?' :p

And then the fight started..........and they didn't live happily ever after:}

(Apologies to all who don't know about Snow White)

Two Dogs....
7th Aug 2008, 21:54
And later that evening at the White House:

"Poison, Poison, where are you? Dinner's ready Poison"

Poison eventually swaggers into the house on stumpy legs with a big grin.

"Poison why are you smiling, have you terminated someone at work again?"

747-crew
7th Aug 2008, 22:45
hay terri twist i know what you mean and i would respond to them questions in a normal frame of mind.
but i want to make lots of money and get out of the UK for a long time. (personal issues)
i know its going to be very very hard but am willing to give it a shot as beggers cant be pickers.
i did try ethiad but didnt get in.

Londonlads
8th Aug 2008, 00:15
Not that easy to make a lot of money in QR.

Also, if you definitely want to get out of England, Qatar is the place! Especially when they ban you from leaving the country for doing something that doesn't suit them. Lovely! No more days off in DXB or MLE!

Terri Wrist
8th Aug 2008, 01:02
Da answers!! Need da answers to da questions!!! :E

Like London boy say, no easy money to be squeesed here. You wear the uniform, you must salute. If you need escape from real world no matter what the cost then Goat Airways good cave. Everyone in cave here. Even CEO in cave now, too scared to parade up and down all day long like in old times.

Bring a torch.... ;)

P.Clostermann
8th Aug 2008, 11:24
Did I ever say that guys would be coming back from EY to QR?

That would make them double morons now, wouldnt it?

All I said is that both airlines are comparable and that none of the two is the better one.
So for me it does not make any sense to switch between the two. You make a choice and you stick to it. If you wanna move afterwards you go to EK or to the far east, but why switch between between two kinds of sheisse?

I can tell you that of the last bunch who went to EY, not too many are happy. Especially not after the upgrade policies in EY changed for the worse and most new joiners end up on the ageing 320 fleet. If you thought A7ABR is a bad plane, try to fly an ex-martinair 320 with MSN036 overthere

The sandpit will never change people....and at the end its all the same, no mather which sandpit you find yourself in

CEO PITA
8th Aug 2008, 21:17
Well some of us have kids doing pilot training in Qatar so we cant leave the damn place .Am i right Closterman ?
Etihad and Emirates has far better reputation then Qatar since they dont have "termination" department on 3 floor and QR has one .
And in Etihad and Emirates treat there staff much better .
QR has 1 memo per week wich is taking some privilage away from pilots : Anual ticket is confirm seat or not ,no more request for off days or flights for A320 fleet ,no food in SIM, no parking ,no cabin crew visiting cockpit,not alowed to cross road,.......!
Anyone saw memo : starting with alowed ? give ? provide?thank you ?bonus? salary increament ? free gym for QR ?

Its always only : NOT ALOWED ,STRICTLY PROHIBITED ,CAN BE TERMENTED ............

loc22550
9th Aug 2008, 03:14
:D

"Could you please.."... or "sorry to disturb you".."thank you for you cooperation.." ..Doesn't exist here in Q.R.,but is replaced by :"You have to..." or " you are request to.." ,or.." we don't have any CPT or F/O" .., like when those "5 stars" roster people keep calling (disturbing) you even when they are not supposed to: during days off or your rest period are just two example......

chainsaw
9th Aug 2008, 12:21
Its always only : NOT ALOWED ,STRICTLY PROHIBITED ,CAN BE TERMENTED ............

or

MUST NOT MAKE FUN OF BALDING VERTICALLY-CHALLENGED CEOs WEARING WEDDING DRESSES/NIGHTGOWNS :}

And so it goes on as the QR cowboy outfit rolls on................

Seriously folks, it was written a long long time ago in the annals of PPRuNe that QR only ever became established in about late 1995 or early 1996 because the father of the original founder (who shall remain nameless, but who was called Sheikh Hamad) asked his son (who shall remain nameless, but who was called Sheikh Hamad) what he (who shall remain namelss, but who was called Sheikh Hamad) would like for his birthday.

The son (who shall remain nameless, but who was called Sheikh Hamad, and is apparently not related to the current CEO, the poisoned dwarf, who shall remain namelss, but who was called 'Wacky Acky', and who behaved in a similar fashion at times to the son who was called Sheikh Hamad) answered immediately and without hesitation whatsoever........'a cowboy outfit!'

And so the father gave his son (who shall remain nameless, but who was called Sheikh Hamad) a gazillion Riyals, and that's how QR was originally started! :8

PS. No disrespect intended to all you hard-working poor souls who have worked, or continue to work at QR! :{

P.Clostermann
10th Aug 2008, 21:06
ok...everybody is entitled to his/her opinion bien sur!

I still believe EY is no better/no worse than QR so there is no advantage moving between the two....

CEO...Funny! No, I do not have kids in the college....And I am not stuck here as I am fully qualified with a DGAC current licence and TR...

So yes, I have options available but I stay here for my own private reasons...
Continue your queste my friend!

shortfuel
10th Aug 2008, 22:32
P. Clostermann
Saying that QR and EY are the same is quite erroneous...
We do have some privacy in the UAE! No golden shiny prison here.
I don't wanna start an EY/QR stupid comparison on this QR dedicated thread but let's try not to give wrong information.
Put our job apart, there is a world between those two airlines.
I just feel sorry for your working environment and management.
There is no shame to be upgraded on an A320, and yes, if you are A320 rated, you will be hired on A320, company needs...for the time being.
Oldest A320 MSN is 0350 (ex Air Canada). Others are 1944 and above. What's the big deal about it?
Sandpit? You really like that word on PPrune when it comes to describe your living conditions. Well, AUH is a very fast growing capital (with its good and very bad points) somewhere between Paris and Kuala Lumpur where every EY employee can go without prior notice ;)...Sandpit looks more like a mindset when reading you.

QR fellows, you are welcome to EY :ok:

"Bon courage dans ton cirque"

loc22550
11th Aug 2008, 04:38
Don't worry shortfuel.. a lot of people haven't waited for your invitation to move from QR To EY...
Thanks anyway:)

P.Clostermann
11th Aug 2008, 17:47
I just quote what friends of mine, who just made the move 340QR-340EY, told me.

I do agree with you on the fact that AUH will suit many more people as a place to live compared to DOH.
But company wise both are the same!

All the stories about Hogan and his heroes, the moonbase company accomodation, the training department and its woes, rostering nightmares and HOTAC trouble...

EY for me is QR 5 years back!

I did the math, I did the selection at EY and I opted to stay foot. It just was not worth it to loose my seniority for such a move. But once more, these are my thoughts only and everybody should do his own math.

Regarding the 320s...EY took the Martinair 320 fleet correct? I thought these machines where older than quoted by you?

Le moyen-est est un grand cirque mon vieux ;)

White Knight
11th Aug 2008, 18:38
Wow - does this make me feel all warm inside here at EK, watching the cat fight going on about QR/EY:ok::ok: Keep it up lads...

LABRISEDEMER
11th Aug 2008, 21:10
P Clostermann
I don t think you are french at all (even if you mention this and the DGAC).
The correct translation of Middle-East in french is " Le Moyen-Orient".
Don't believe the hype...

Ronaldo 330
13th Aug 2008, 18:30
What benifit you have for youre high senority in QA ?

P.Clostermann
13th Aug 2008, 21:10
Staff travel :bored:...thats about it!

OH, and a slightly higher salary

And the option to change fleets sooner

And off course the fact that I know my way around the system.

Thats about it!

loc22550
14th Aug 2008, 03:35
Even..the slightly higher salary is up to 4 years in the company (for the respective grade)after that no increase in the basic..!Doesn't make sense to me!( pilots who have been here for 10 years or 5 years have the same basic:ouch: ).

Terri Wrist
14th Aug 2008, 08:06
pilots who have been here for 10 years or 5 years have the same

Is true, same red eyes, same grey hair, ego gone, head bowed, dreams instead of plans.... Same same if stay too long:(

JungleJett
14th Aug 2008, 09:58
Moyen-Est....you mean Moyen-Orient Clostermann???
Or is Moyen-Est a belgian expression.....

P.Clostermann
14th Aug 2008, 10:18
AAAAAHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh.......................cover blown!

Damned!

So I am not french and the English-French translator on the net did not work that well I guess!

Boy oh boy....funny to see how your main concerns here is to try to identify people on the net iso solving more stringent problems.

Interesting!

J-Jet: Belgian....naaah, dont think so! Besides, I thought Belgian french is the same as french-french...

JungleJett
14th Aug 2008, 11:56
How would I know??....I am not French nor Belgian....waffle....read your PM....;)

Lulu qatar
14th Aug 2008, 13:47
Any new restrictions ? Am sure there will be its quiet so dangorous !

loc22550
14th Aug 2008, 14:25
Lulu:
Another 6 days to go..after that no P.O.Box service anymore ..for Pilots..!:hmm:

Lulu qatar
14th Aug 2008, 14:39
To open a new one in post office is about 300 rials /y . Will QA pay this ?
If not am not getting one . Anyhow then they cant send me a warning letter ! ha ha

vaschandi
15th Aug 2008, 11:52
You simply don`t get one, even if you´re willing to pay!
Not only in Doha, but in hall Qatar!

CEO PITA
18th Aug 2008, 21:37
Place where i fly now is so different then QR imagine i can have orange juce and all kinda caffe ,nuts and kiss from a crew if need . And Captians are cool .
Fuel : taking extra is normal policy 1T-3T is ok anyhow fuel prices going down .
Salary is same as in QA but country is cheep and 100 times better then dust and sand in GCC.
Crew can talk on phone while in uniform and can smoke in cockpit if PIC authorize it.
They dont have Snake and Litle small man .
Am not sure if i can adopt to this envirement .
And they dont have warning letters OO i cant live without that thing !!!!

Terri Wrist
19th Aug 2008, 06:53
Maybe there is an S & M club near you new home where you get a good flogging Pita :E

Terri Wrist
19th Aug 2008, 06:56
And if you get bored after qatar why not volunteer to work for nothing at a Nike factory on night shift :E

Two Dogs....
21st Aug 2008, 09:19
Don, they do leave, are leaving or have left. Bitching on this forum is just helping other pilots with their research. If you think The Goat is a good deal then you should get out more. Cheers.... Two Dogs Fugging :O

EK2EYengineer
21st Aug 2008, 17:54
I am looking for AB direct phone# or HR Manager email address would appreciate help

Thanks

Terri Wrist
21st Aug 2008, 21:50
Try, I think his lowness still uses this one:

[email protected]

Mr Ho
28th Aug 2008, 07:37
positian to CMB, sleeping economy, CM tell me to wake up and open eyes for landing, sleep not alowed bitch say. Not alowed closed eyes at goat. wear they find so many idiot :8

IcarusRising
28th Aug 2008, 08:36
You are the idiot Mr. Ho, as you should be awake and alert during landing in the unlikely event that you might be called upon to assist if something goes wrong. The flight attendant was doing her job. Please grow up, arrange to rest properly before duty and not during, as you work in the Airlines now !

OrryFace
28th Aug 2008, 08:59
problem have i thinking not flying hairline whare pilot canot spek Inglish. Whot if ATC understnd not him? Then plain mite maybee outa sky fall?

loc22550
29th Aug 2008, 12:51
Mr ICARUS:

Maybe you should analyse what kind of SH.. roster some of those poor girls have to undergo and you will maybe understand that sometime its simply IMPOSSIBLE fot them to rest properly and being fit&alert before or during duty ...!!
Human are human, not machine!

IcarusRising
29th Aug 2008, 16:09
Mr. Loc...you totally misunderstood...I was commenting on Mr. Ho and his complaint that a flight attendant woke him up before landing as is the international procedure....unless you know Mr. HO to be ms. HO.then that is something totally different !

Ashamasha
29th Aug 2008, 20:03
I remember this rule that came out last year that crew have to be in company accommodation by 2200, is it still there? Even on their days off???

Mr Ho
30th Aug 2008, 03:49
Rememba story Icarus the greek Idiot from skool. I sure crash will wake me to help evacuation Icarus. Til crash I sleep when I can :8 Why goat caben crew walk rike robot and smile rike clown? :yuk::yuk::yuk:

AA78
9th Sep 2008, 08:35
Guys knock on the HR door, and ask for a job.
Perhaps falling all over themselves, in the process, to get on that shiney jet.
Once there, they bit@h and moan.
Tough s..t, shurlock, get used to it.
You asked for a job, now start actually working for a living.
Don't like the company, or its employment conditions?
Pack your bags and leave.:rolleyes::rolleyes: