PDA

View Full Version : SPEEEEEEEED

Pompous Pilot
4th Feb 2000, 02:38
Over the last year or so there have been many posts from people saying that their connection to PPRuNe is a little slow. Normally, their experience is transitional and not shared by others. So, I'm a little reluctant to repeat the moan. However, for a week now, I've found PPRuNe very slow. Other sites have been OK. I use Freeserve, and a 56K modem on a standard BT line. Any sugggestions? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

WX Man
4th Feb 2000, 19:17
Over on R&N, there was talk of PPRuNe being a bit slower- but I haven't experienced this (although others have). In fact, it has got faster for me over the past week... wierd eh?

spannersatcx
4th Feb 2000, 20:06
It is the ISP that causes the slowness of access to the web and not really the website itself. If all 2 million + freeservers log on at the same time the ISP gets overloaded, bandwidth and all that. At the end of the day you get what you pay for I'm afraid. I personally use Cable and Wireless, for which I pay £5.99 a month which gives me unlimited internet access and 12hrs of FREE phone calls. Very rarely lose connections and always get connected 1st time, access speeds normally never less than 44000kbps average 45333.