PDA

View Full Version : -ENG- Looking for a school...

lopresto
8th Jul 2008, 01:46
Hi to all!!

I'm just arrive in GVA to work in an business airline..

And I will looking for a school near GVA to fly...

Somebody know something ???

Let me know!!!

:ok:

roljoe
8th Jul 2008, 15:39
Hi,

not in Geneva but in Lausanne, not sure this school still exist but the name was "Twinnair" and I keep excellent memories of that one..

Lausanne is about 30 minutes away from gva..

It will certainly be less expensive in Lausanne...GVA is a real nice place but quite crowded and this couls have an influence in the final price paid..

LSGG
9th Jul 2008, 06:28
Hi,

Twinair (With 1 n) still exists but as far as my knowledge goes it is now more specialized in type ratings than basic ATPL courses.

Some of the old days Twinair instructors founded a new FTO that has now been running in Geneva, Lausanne and Neuchatel for five years.

This FTO also has good contacts with local companies such as Flybaboo and speedwings.

I don't know if it is still the case, but two years ago this school was also running Flybaboo's selections... and doing so giving priority to their former customers.

I personaly was a Twinair student in 2000. Air Aispace did not exist at the time. However even if the school in Lausanne is cheeper take into account your trips to Lausanne. On the long run it is money and time consuming and a return trip with your car is more towards 1hr 30 than 1 hours.

If you go by train it is going to be 1 hours return but this is central station to central station. Count another 30/45 minutes each way for the bus trips...

The name of the Geneva School is :

Air Aispace

www.air-espace.net (http://www.air-espace.net)

tel : 032 842 61 57

Good luck

Cheers