PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Licensing

Leave 5 on the glide
7th Jul 2008, 18:46
All,

I have a question with regrard to licensing and flying for QR that I'd appreciate someone answering - can you fly on an FAA licence/medical with them?

Thanks very much in advance,

l5otg

goneeast
8th Jul 2008, 05:07
If you tell me the sort of licence you hold/hours flown/PIC, I can possibly help. QCAA FCL1 is broadly JAR -FCL based. Appendix 1 to QCAR FCL 1.005 is the reference required.

fexturbjet
8th Jul 2008, 17:56
I am a US based pilot/ FAA. What sort of work and pay is available. Any insight would be greatful.

Leave 5 on the glide
8th Jul 2008, 18:36
tomuchwork, goneeast thanks very much for the replies.

goneeast - I hold an FAA CPL/Multi/IR, touching about 300 hours total time. I'm really just "shopping around" at the moment to see what the state of play is whilst I finish off my degree. Would I be required to have a validaton to a QCAA license, and would I be required to complete a QCAA medical or could I fly on my FAA Class 1 medical?

Thanks very much once again.

Cheers,

l5otg

goneeast
9th Jul 2008, 04:59
this is not the definitive answer, but what i could find:

Complete as a proficiency check, the type/class and instrument rating revalidation requirements (QCAR-FCL 1.245)

demonstrate to the authority knowledge of relevant part of QCAR OPS1 and QCAR FCL 1 AND knowledge of flight planning/performance AND knowledge of Human Performance Limitations
( 1.005 and 1.015)

English language proficiency required (not a prob I should think)

You must have:

100 hours PIC of aeroplane
Valid Multi IR

then ( HERES A TOUGHER BIT)

Pass an exam for ATPL knowledge in the state of licence issue. Otherwise if you must have a straight CPL(A)IR with no ATPL knowledge you are restricted to single pilot ops until you pass ATPL course THEN you will be restricted to Single pilot ops until you have 500 hours on multis.

QCAA doc and the references above are on:

www.caa.gov.qa/laws/index.htm (http://www.caa.gov.qa/laws/index.htm) click on QCAA regulations then FCL1. the table to look at is on page 1-A-15 and 16

Hope this helps

as for medicals
you must hold a medical certificate in accordance with QCAR-MED..whatever that means

As I've said, its what I could find by looking into the book

Leave 5 on the glide
10th Jul 2008, 16:46
goneeast - thanks very much for all the info, much appreciated. I shall look into it.

Cheers,

l5otg