PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Net - NOT!

A and C
17th Jan 2000, 03:12
Misplaced sentimentality has probably led many aviators to choose Virgin.net as their internet service provider because of the Virgin association with flying. That has proved disastrous for many of us recently.

I have just lost patience in a big way, and this forum seems to be my last chance to reach Virgin.net, however obliquely.

For two weeks my e-mail has been inacessible to me, thanks to a "security-related" change in password protocol at Virgin. Fine. But it happened without warning, and of course all attempts to reach Customer Service or Technical Support ( two glorious misnomers!) were futile - indicating that the problem was widespread

Finally I note a message on their home page saying that "a few" accountholders were affected and they "may not" have received letters.

Crap.

So widespread is the problem of account holders being refused access to e-mail - despite repeatedly following to the letter every step in their home-page instructions on how to get passwords changed and reverified - that a call to BT Directory Enquiries late on a Sunday evening with a frustrated request for a Virgin Net number which might conceivably have an intelligent human being at the other end of the line got the immediate reaction "Are you having password problems?" !! The BT operator commiserated, having been through the same mind-numbing, blood-pressure-raising process himself.

But I am still locked out of my e-mail box - im which could be time-critical information about jobs I've been seeking.

Could I suggest that flight crew in a similar position promptly vote with their Direct Debits, and change to a service provider who actually provides a service? And could some of you reading this who are not Virgin.net users please mail this thread to Virgin - since I cannot!

A

Mister Slot
17th Jan 2000, 03:31
A & C

I'm not a fan of BT (I've switched to my local provider for phone & TV) but I use LineOne and have onlypraise for them as an ISP - and it's free. Why not give it a go?

gas path
17th Jan 2000, 03:35
AOL !!!!and its got 0800 access

DLA
17th Jan 2000, 04:16
Have you tried typing in your original password. (Not wanting to state the obvious but it worked for me.)

Denzil
17th Jan 2000, 23:07
Even when you do connect with virgin.net you sometimes get slow access speed (like now 12000bps)which makes for a long time on-line.

ockham hold
17th Jan 2000, 23:18
A & C - Its happened to me also - locked out of my Virgin.net e-mail. Help!