PDA

View Full Version : AFCSoff where are you?

verticalhold
7th Jul 2008, 09:59
Last year after the massed airprox at Silverstone AFCSoff put some of his wonderful pictures on here. Any chance of a repeat performance this year?

VH

Heli Teli
7th Jul 2008, 10:22
VH
You beat me to it. I remember the photos of last years GP and they were superb.
AFCSoff - lets see some of those great pics again please.:ok:

HT

Flingingwings
7th Jul 2008, 14:28
Sadly, I believe he's no longer 'posted' in the UK :{

Bravo73
7th Jul 2008, 14:29
I seem to remember that his day job was a CH53 driver (!) and I've got a feeling that he was just about to convert onto the V-22.

So maybe he's been posted elsewhere this year. Hopefully it's not somewhere too sandy... :uhoh:

forget
7th Jul 2008, 15:19
Last years - for those who missed them.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/rotorheads/283665-silverstone-2007-photos.html

Flingingwings
7th Jul 2008, 15:44
B73,
You recall correctly :ok:
Believe he's back Stateside

Bladecrack
8th Jul 2008, 22:44
So does anyone else have pics to post of this year's Silverstone fleet, I saw several people walking round with cameras taking photos while I was getting fuel while parked up in the south area?

AFCSoff
9th Jul 2008, 09:56
Sorry folks....Sadly I wasn't at Silverstone this year. I would have loved nothing more than to be at the event again, but I left the UK about a week after last year's race. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that at some point in the future I'll get a chance to attend again - there's absolutely nothing that compares anywhere else in the world.

As an aside, previous posters are correct...I'm a former H-53 guy that's traded up (or down, depending on your particular perspective) to the V-22.

One circumstance where I was caught on the other side of the lens (which is rare, if I'm doing my job correctly), is here:

Photo USA - Air Force Sikorsky MH-53M 69-5784 (http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.php?id=622909)

Cheers to you all....fly safe.