PDA

View Full Version : M a c a i r I n t e r v i e w

Fatcat23
7th Jul 2008, 03:09
Hey there, does anyone know or has anyone recently done a ****** interview/testing day in Townsville? I did a phone interview and have now been asked to attend a day of testing. Thanks,

Fatcat23

Fatcat23
7th Jul 2008, 03:20
Hey there, does anyone know or has anyone recently done a M a c a i r interview/testing day in Townsville? I did a phone interview and have now been asked to attend a day of testing. Thanks,

Fatcat

PropDuster
8th Jul 2008, 06:53
fc23

what exactly are they testing you for?

- pulse
- vital signs
- drugs and/or alcohol
- english language proficiency

:ugh:

The phone interview was all the last few intakes have had to brave.
Must be recruiting for the Q400?

If you need any company info feel free to PM me.

Good luck :D

Prop.

aussie1234
8th Jul 2008, 07:12
Sorry bud you're the first group that is going through this process so there's not going to be anyone that can give you examples of past experience. I'd just call them and ask (i know that's what everyone says)everyone at the Big Mac is cool to talk to and very approachable.

Fatcat23
8th Jul 2008, 11:43
Yeh thanks for that prop...maybe you should get your own tv show!! LOL.

I did the phone interview at Xmas, and they said I passed, but becuase I only wanted a Bris base, I got put on hold. So now they tell me I have to do this interview in TVille and its for Metro FO initially (presumably because I have 650 hours already as Metro FO) and then SAAB by end of year, then the Q400. Sounds like a tortured path, but don't have much choice I guess.

They told me the day comprises group activity, face to face interview, and some quizzes. No mention of a sim ride. So all I can do is scratch up on the usual IFR type questions, Metro questions, m a c a i r questions, and hope that everything else works out.

Any insider help would be much appreciated.

FC

Fatcat23
8th Jul 2008, 11:46
Thanks Aussie. I will give her a call and see if I can get any more hints. Do you know where the new CP has come from? That may give me heads up as to his testing regime?

FC

aussie1234
9th Jul 2008, 01:06
Yeah he has been chief pilot with the Big Mac a couple of times on, in 6 mth stints i think (don't quote me) but has recently returned from New Zealand. I think he has been involved with Mt Cook for a while. Ex military I think because he metioned flying herc's. Nice bloke in the small amount that I have had to do with him.

Fatcat23
11th Jul 2008, 07:19
thanks, should be interesting