PDA

View Full Version : McAfee has died on me.

MOSTAFA
6th Jul 2008, 18:22
Been away and not used the laptop for a week or so. Switched it on this morning and desktop told me McAfee needed attention (common) but usually a quick click of the icon and it updates and Bob's your uncle!

Today it would not fix it and said my DAT had expired so a quick check later about my subscription and I am a fully paid up member for another six months. Any way after several more attempts at update I thought "simple" I'll delete McAfee and download it again - problem is, when I sign in and confirm my download it tell me there is something wrong with my internet connection - there isn't - any idea's?

Toshiba Laptop Vista Ultimate.

dazdaz
7th Jul 2008, 14:44
Just a thought, I presume you paid the subscription using a CC? Since the original subscription, has your CC 'expires end' passed, and a new CC been issued to you?

Daz

MOSTAFA
7th Jul 2008, 20:12
Nah Daz subs are fine

Squawk7777
8th Jul 2008, 14:25
That's why I dislike McAfee and Norton. They both are able to really de-stabilize your system and make your life miserable.

Do a quick google search on free anti-virus software. I personally have been using Free antivirus - Avira AntiVir (http://www.free-av.com/). Runs as smooth as the big name-products and uses less memory.

7 7 7 7

F111D
9th Jul 2008, 05:20
I had a friend with the same problem. I downloaded AVG free aith all updtaes from my computer and burned it onto a cd. I then took and installed AVG free and all of its updates on her computer. 1127 viruses later her system was running great. Sounds ike you need to do the same thing.