PDA

View Full Version : Long term work prospects in India

rotors88
6th Jul 2008, 14:01
Does anyone know please the situation for working long term in India on a FATA & work-visa? I am already here working & prospects appear excellent for a rotory pilot. I have met a lady here & enquiring about the longer term visa & work permits, having long term secure work here will be no problems in the rotory field. Is it true that either 2010 or 4 years is the maximum period for a work permit? Can this be extended? What might the work permits be if marrying an Indian lady? Thank for your help. Cheers

rotors88
8th Jul 2008, 02:12
Is there any one out there that may help with this question please? Thank you

Nevrekar
8th Jul 2008, 04:34
I am not a lawyer nor an Indian Citizen. But here is some information that might help. If you plan to marry an Indian you have to provide notice to the Marriage Officer of the district in India. After a waiting period, you get married. Then you can apply for a PIO card (Persons of indian Origin) card based on your wife and that allows you to live and work in India. After 7 years of bliss and living in India, you can apply for citizenship. This according to what I could find for you on line.

Regarding FATA. It applies more to airlines than the rotor world right now.
I would not worry about the 2010 rule. It's all about supply and demand.

Good luck.