PDA

View Full Version : Form Tool Express V 5.0

westafricaops
5th Jul 2008, 08:20
I am not a Sharpest-Tool-In-The-Shed when it comes to computers and programs. Tooooo old! :ugh:

I have been using Form Tool Express Version 5.0 by Imsisoft to build forms. I find it easier to use than Excel etc.
The only way I can see to save a form is in their own propritary format that requires that program to be installed on the computer to open, print etc.
My question is this; is there a way to save the form in something like Word, Pdf ect. so that in can be opened on another computer?

THX
Wes Afra

BOAC
5th Jul 2008, 08:46
Don't know the prog but this from a Google search
"Collect, extract and share data with incredible ease. FormTool Express is powerful, too. E-mail completed forms. Save them as files that you can attach and send for others to view and print even if they do not have FormTool."

westafricaops
5th Jul 2008, 10:02
I must have an older version.

tio540
5th Jul 2008, 11:56
In short, No. You need the software on the pc to open it. My version is not write protected so this is easy enough. You can use your memory stick for this, by copying the program to it. I tend to use the memory stick with Formtool on it.

As a last resort scan the printed copy of the form and open with Word in JPEG format. Let me know if you need anything else.

I really like the software, and it is great for pilot type stuff.

westafricaops
8th Jul 2008, 06:02
Thanks for the feedback.

That is exactly what I have been doing, printing out a good quality copy, scanning it, then saving in pdf. I was hoping there was a better way.

You are correct, it is great for making aviation related forms!

Bushfiva
8th Jul 2008, 07:10
Maybe I've misonderstood, but perhaps you could install something like a CutePDF printer driver, and simply "print" to a PDF file.

westafricaops
8th Jul 2008, 09:16
I do not know what that is (CutePdf printer driver).
Please help me out here.

Wes Afra
p.s. I know there has to be a better way than the way I'm doing it.