PDA

View Full Version : aircraft engineering

jax888
4th Jul 2008, 23:30
Hi everyone.....

im new to this forum and i ve been reading alot of threads and topics and here is alot of interesting information on aircraft engineering. i ve noticed that everyone here has some kind of experience on aircrafts which worries me because i dont have any practical experience and i dont know how to get started in this industry. can anyone give me some advise????

i ve studied aircraft engineering foundation degree at Macclesfield college which was great however they did not have the approval to examine me for easa 66 license. so i graduated without any modules... i ve tried applying airlines but nobody would take me on due to the fact i ve got no experience. i ve applyied for Monarch apprenticeship but i didnt get the job.

im planning to go Bristol to do a crash course for the modules and was wandering if this would increase my chance in getting a job??????

flair12345
5th Jul 2008, 07:43
Hi, i see your planning on going to Bristol to do your modules! My brother has just done a year there, and does not have a good word to say about it! A lack of organisation and poor teaching being the reason. I would look elsewhere!!! As for experience, i can only say keep applying to everyone for an apprenticeship or something similar...... but there few and far between. But doing your B1 modules will stand you in good sted!

boshank
5th Jul 2008, 14:21
try newcastle college, got a mate that passed up that way. i agree dont touch bristol college with a barge pole, bad teaching, organisation, exams, lessons tbh pretty much everything.

NutLoose
6th Jul 2008, 01:38
Sisters Lad is at Newcastle and he loves it, says a lot of last years students walked straight into jobs. Indeed the places they went for works experience took them on.