PDA

View Full Version : Bristol GS, Belgium & UK CAA

vince13
4th Jul 2008, 22:11
Hello buddies

I am about to start an ATPL distance learning course but havent still decided where I should do it.

Hubair uses the Bristol distance learning course and I am interested in it. Following up the idea that theoritical and practical courses have to be done in the same JAA country, do you believe that I could, however, train in a UK school if I sit at the belgium CAA ATPL exams after having followed a UK approved course?

Is any of you in this situation?

Thanks for your help,
Vince

jetman12
4th Jul 2008, 22:14
I would say so because its JAA but i'm not 100% sure. Bristol is very good with excellent notes and feedback

plugster
5th Jul 2008, 11:31
I can only recommend Bristol as it is very comprehensive. The information though is very compressed compared to others ( jeppesen etc.) so you really need to read and study it thoroughly and a teacher in some subjects would be helpful (POF, RNAV and PERF just to name some). The highspeed flight section is difficult to understand without any classroom lesson and it lacks a questionaire after each subject at least on the paper files. However, there is a very good DVD( AFAIK it comes with the paperstuff) with detailed animations and a very challenging question database. You shouldnt have any problems passing the exams if you are able to reach 85% in the Bristol GS tests.

vince13
7th Jul 2008, 19:22
thanx for replying guys, I was actually pointing BGS but i am thinking hubair (belgium) for the theory and Stapelford or Bristol Flying center for the practical courses.

Do you think the CAA will be ok with that. I cant find anything on the CAA website that could help me in my choice.

Thanx again.