PDA

View Full Version : Free P1 time for FAA Pilot in My Hiller (SE uk)

007helicopter
4th Jul 2008, 04:48
Hi - I am hoping to find an FAA Licensed pilot who would be interested to do some flying together in my Hiller UH12C based at EGTO Rochester. You will be P1.

The reason is I have a UK PPL(H) and my type rating has expired and has proven awkard and difficult to get renewed as there is currently only one guy in the UK who can do this and by far the easiest way for me to continue flying the Hiller is to get a clean FAA license

I am proposing to get an FAA license here in the UK and have got as far has having the TSA application done and ready for fingerprints, written test at farnborough etc etc.

So in the meantime I want to keep this Heli flying whilst we have some decent weather and light evenings.

I have around 100 hours on type, you can log any time flown as P1

Loads of Pics of the ship here hiller-photo-index (http://www.007helicopter.com/Photo-index.htm) which is in good condition, just had an annual this week, insured with Hayward and ready to go again except I have no current type rating.

This is a genuine request and look forward to hearing if anyone interested.

Duncan

Capn Notarious
4th Jul 2008, 07:39
I recall years ago, watching a grey and orange Hillier; landing at North Weald, when HCGB had a fly-in.
The descent was stately - measured. Akin to a steam engine arriving at platform.

md 600 driver
4th Jul 2008, 07:46

Will adam do the flight test in the hiller ? i know hes just done 2 in a 47

tonge
4th Jul 2008, 08:21
Duncan, I've sent you a PM.

Tonge

misterbonkers
4th Jul 2008, 12:14
VeeAny would be an ideal candidate to go with you and I think he's got some spare time nowadays.

007helicopter
4th Jul 2008, 14:00
Hi again and thanks for the responses so Far

MB if you are down south I have not ruled out re gaining my UK type rating and just to cover all bases have applied today for the DOT permission.

MD 600 - I am hoping Adam will do the flight test, I have not spoke to him for 6 months or so and if someone could pm his mob number I would appreciate it.

nigelh
6th Jul 2008, 23:56
If you are still looking i may be able to do some with you. I am based up north have faa cpl cfi and a few hiller hours from years ago in my crop spraying days.

timprice
7th Jul 2008, 09:31
Hi Duncan

I'm still around, if require checking out so you can fly with Adam to get your FAA licence.

Regards

Tim Price 07951 937144

007helicopter
7th Jul 2008, 20:19
nigelh

You are welcome if you find yourself in the SE, I did manage to fly with TONGE on Saturday and it was a bit blustery but good to get an airing, climbing out of 02 at Rochester at 45 knots with a 25 knot headwind gave plenty of time to look around.

Still we were not in a hurry.

007helicopter
7th Jul 2008, 20:24
Tim

Yes will give you a call later in the week.

Duncan
PS Anyone Got Adams number, please pm as mislaid it.

md 600 driver
7th Jul 2008, 21:09
its not right to put it on here but if you are speaking to tim later this week he will have it or pm me if he hasnt