PDA

View Full Version : Abu Dhabi Housing

ASR
3rd Jul 2008, 23:29
Hi Folks

Been offered a job related to oil industry in Abu Dhabi with a housing allowance of approx 140,000D per annum. Heading out with a wife and sprog and really would like a villa if possible. I think I could get the employers to stretch to 200,000D and therefore have two questions.
Could I get a villa for this amount? I looked online at 3 Beds in Al-raha and they looked nice. Also could I pick up fill in work in Abu Dhabi or Dubai on a day rate basis to keep current? Got 3000hrs on 737-800 and would like to keep my hand in. Cheers in advance.

Rule3
4th Jul 2008, 00:00
No and no:= [illegal], now standby till someone gives you the news on :mad:Al Raha prices. If the sprog is of school age then you have another consideration. Good luck, you are going to need it.:ok:

kotakota
4th Jul 2008, 03:47
you need 210 , 000 minimum .

airpilot_A3xx
4th Jul 2008, 08:16
There is nothing less than 300K at Khalifa-A at the moment inclouding Al Raha mate, you check with the agents....:ugh:

Spoogie
4th Jul 2008, 09:43
Hey ASR curious...are you going to ADA? If so, flying fixed wing or Heli?

ASR
9th Jul 2008, 18:49
As the original poster can anyone tell me what rental accommodation I could expect for 200,000D P/A.
Was out last week for a couple days for a look and found the place quite pleasant. Inflation looks like an issue however if wage rises track inflation I see no real problem.
In reply to "Spoogie" the job is not fixed or rotary wing but a marine job however I do not intend to leave aviation totally.
Would anyone be kind enough to comment of the possibility of me working a 50% or 75% roster in UAE flying which would allow me to work on a day rate basis in the marine sector to keep my other qualifications valid.

Many thanks

SassyPilotsWife
10th Jul 2008, 03:22
So are you going to be flying for the oil industry ? If so.. can you get my husband on ? LOL He just got an offer to fly for MIDEX and We've been offered a free furnished apartment or 3k AED a month for housing if we choose to get our own. The contract is for a year so perhaps we could stay in the " chosen " apartment for that long but i am not sure where it will be, nor how nice. What do you know about living there ? Will your wife get an automatic Visa ?

ironbutt57
10th Jul 2008, 06:23
Wives don't get an "automatic visa" the company will have to provide sponsorship..3000AED a month..mmm...wont do much more than pay the utilities for that.3000usd would be a different story...have a look at the "provided housing"...best of luck...

Jetjock330
10th Jul 2008, 07:13
Sassy,
Check your Private Messages:)

NG_Kaptain
10th Jul 2008, 15:39
If provided housing is adequate you should take it. Removes the landlord from the equation, less headaches.
Just make sure the housing meets your standard, there are some dumps out there.:ugh: